LostDenverite

MINI (Clubman) Wish List - Barn Doors

Just throwing my mental meanderings out into the public domain (and JIC it's already out there).

It's snazzy that one of the barn doors opens all of the way at the push of a button (everyone always goes "ooh" and "ahh") on the remote, but what I'd really like to have is:

• The ability to do the same from the drivers seat via a button/switch/lever on the dash or floor
  • The ability to open both doors
  • The option (via coding) to open only one or both doors

Just wants for the next versions (or some crazy mods :top:)

Edited by LostDenverite

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ahhh, yes, the great "barn door" discussion.

The "feature" that has one door open all the way at the touch of a button (remote or door handle) is a sensitive topic for the Clubbie fans. Until about 2009 or 2010, the passenger side door only opened part of the way and it would stop. A gentle "nudge" and the door would open fully. As much as I like the way the newer doors work, I will admit that I have given myself anxiety attacks with it. As I'm walking out to the car, I have been known to push the button, knowing it'll be waiting for me with "open arms", only to arrive and find that the parking illiterate behind me can't fit his/her land barge into one spot and they must take most of mine as well. The barn door is open, a mere millimeters from the interloper's snout (or schnout as Ali would say it).

The other options would be cool.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I know that there are arguments either way and pros and cons but the clubman barn doors turned me away from the clubman. I like the exterior look and the functionality but I don't like the posts that it puts in the middle of the view for the rear view mirror. I would like to see a clubman with a hatchback.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

I would like to see a clubman with a hatchback

Ewwww (said jokingly). You want it to look like a Scion wagon?!?

2009-Scion-xD-Wagon-Silver.jpeg

Dunno, I've been a pocket-rocket hatchback owner most of my life (or 2-door teapot as my mother used to call them). My first car was a Dodge Colt Turbo hatchback, in between I've had a Datsun 200SX hatchback (was a beater), Eclipse and Integra just to name a few. The posts down the middle on the Clubman only bothered me until I was shown how to lower the rear headrests by removing the stopper. And prior it still wasn't a deal breaker.

Will - That's exactly what I was going to say! The center posts annoyed me for a bit but once I removed the stoppers from the rear headrests, I found I have excellent visibility through the rear window! I have a somewhat unique perspective too since I moved from an R56 to the R55. If you want an obstructed view, jump in a Cabrio. I know one owner who will go out of the way to avoid situations that require visibility over the driver's right shoulder!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It was just a wish, and I don't want to go for a Countryman.

I too have had a number of hatchbacks, I guess I just like the view. I know, I should be looking forward more often but you have to check out the people that you are passing.

Nope, no CM for me either. Nothing wrong with them, I just like my pocket-rockets. Already knows its highest HP available next go round.