bhegg

Vorshlag camber plate rattling

Hi all,

I've installed Vorshlag camber plates and ST coilovers on my 2011 MCS and I'm getting a lot of rattling up front. I also had Mach V in Sterling set up my ride height/camber/toe. If something was loose I'd think they'd catch it. The only thing I can think of is maybe the top nut where the pillow ball joint is located isn't torqued down enough.

Anyone have experience with the Vorshlag camber plates? I've done some googling and I'm pretty sure this noise isn't normal. I've contacted Vorshlag too and I'll pass along whatever I hear back from them.

Thanks.

Brian

The front end was rattling after I installed the coilovers/camber plates, even before I brought it to Mach V. All bolts are tight and everything triple-checked.

My father-in-law and I were able to duplicate the rattling while up on jack stands. Long story short, the camber plate bearing isn't making a tight fit with the strut shaft which results in metal-on-metal noises.

I've been in touch with Vorshlag and they're saying that KW may have changed the diameter of the strut shaft. If that's the case, Vorshlag said they'll engineer a fix and update their database and website. I'll be able to get back to them with a measurement in the next day or so.

I had this issue with my vorshlags. . .make sure the two locking nuts on top of the pillow ball are tight. Mine had loosened up after about 200 miles. . .added a little loctite threadlock and they've stayed tight since.

Was able to take the adjustment knob off and fit a socket completely over the strut end to tighten each nut down as well. . .it's a 2 minute fix.

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had this issue with my vorshlags. . .make sure the two locking nuts on top of the pillow ball are tight. Mine had loosened up after about 200 miles. . .added a little loctite threadlock and they've stayed tight since.

Was able to take the adjustment knob off and fit a socket completely over the strut end to tighten each nut down as well. . .it's a 2 minute fix.

Thanks! That was one of the first things I tried. I've been in contact with Vorshlag and it appears there's a problem with how their upper spring perch is sitting on the strut rod of the ST (supposedly same as KW Variant 1) suspension. The diameters of their bushings in the upper spring perch are either too large or not mating with the profile of the rod or both. I've sent them a video of the looseness/rattling with the entire assembly out of the car. They want me to take a few diameter measurements around the end of the strut rod.

They said they may have to machine custom bushings for me. Definitely a PITA, but so far they've been pretty good with communicating with me on this issue.