Back in June, I installed a GP Intercooler on my '06 R53. I had intended to do a detailed write-up, but didn't really follow through. So, I just took a few pictures along the way. Below are three that pretty much sum it up. Swapping the Intercooler isn't very difficult and can be done in about an hour if you understand the process.

The first picture just shows the stock IC before removal, the second picture shows the newly installed GP IC. NOTE: one minor downside to the GP is that the spark plugs are covered by the additional rows along the top, so changing spark plugs will now require removal of the IC!! This really isn't a huge issue since the spark plugs aren't changed very often. The third picture is the finished install with a DDM Works air diverter installed atop the GP IC.

Picture #1 - Stock IC

album.php?albumid=73&pictureid=396picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=396

Picture #2 - GP IC

album.php?albumid=73&pictureid=397picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=397

Picture #3 - GP IC with DDM Works Diverter

picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=398

album.php?albumid=73&pictureid=398

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com