cmcveay

Resetting 2nd Gen service indicators

If you've got your brake wear sensors tied back like mine (after market brake pads), you may get a brake service indicator light from time to time. If you do your own oil changes and want to keep the onboard computer "honest", or if you'd like to cycle through your service indicators to see the interval for the respective service function, I stumbled across and easier way of doing so.

On my way home today, I got the little car on the lift and brake light so I knew I'd have to go through the reset procedure when I got home. While I was waiting at a light (it's a long light), I was just "goofing off" and pushing the two stems on the tach. I found an easier way to reset the service indicator and I'd like to see if someone else will try it to see if it works the same for me.

With the car running, push & hold the RIGHT knob on the tach. After 20 seconds or so (I didn't time it and I didn't get a chance to try it again), the service indicators came on and then, I was able to cycle through the indicators to the one I wanted to reset (it actually came up as the first indicator but I went through all of them anyway) and then, I pressed and held the end of the turn signal stalk for a second and it gave me the reset option where I then pushed it in and held it while the little clock face ticked down and it reset the indicator. As soon as I started rolling, it went back to the normal functions. I hope this works for you too.

There is another way but it's somewhat tedious and if you are really interested, I'll send you a link to it.

Enjoy,

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold