Chili Red Fiona

Automatic "stalled"

About two days ago I started my 2010 MINI (automatic) and while braking at a light it started noticably shaking. It did this sporadically and then last night I put the car into reverse to back out of a parking spot, then when i went to drive, it essentially stalled on me (I'm not sure how else to describe it) and I had to restart the car. Has anyone had a similar experience or having any idea of what could be going on? None of my warning lights are on, and I've only had it since May ... I haven't had a chance to take it in to get it looked at so wanted to see what suggestions others might have. Thanks!

CR Fiona,

I'd suggest a trip to the dealer as soon as possible. Most of us 2nd Gen owners have gotten letters about the high pressure fuel pumps as MINI USA has acknowledged that there have been some failures. Just this past week, BMW USA announced a recall of about 135,000 BMW's for the same problem. Your symptoms are exactly what other owners have had but it sure does sound like the problem the BMW's have been having.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold