ash5

Fellow MINIac with a Proposal

Hi there fellow MINI fans,

I haven't had the opportunity to officially join the club yet, but can't wait to meet some of you at this year's MINIS Take the Beltway. I'm hoping nobody minds that I'm soliciting for a very good cause on this board (and if they do, I'd be happy to take it down), but I'm hoping to raise some money for local kids with cancer.

Allow me to summarize the proposal mentioned in the subject line before you even read on. You give money to help cure childhood cancer, and I'll shave my head and beard. Now, let me explain . . . This email contains a link to a fundraising campaign (with picture of my currently furry head) I'm participating in to raise money for Children's National Medical Center's Pediatric Oncology Research. I'm currently a senior fellow (doctor receiving sub-specialized training) in Hematology/Oncology at Children's National doing research and seeing patients. The department is running a fundraising campaign and encouraging as many people as possible to participate. We've had success with similar events in the past, but never have we expanded it to so many fundraisers.

The fundraiser is called Be Brave and Shave, and will involve me shaving my head - and even more surprisingly for friends and family, my beard. For those who donate, pictures will follow. Now you tell me that's not worth a few bucks. Oh yea, there's also the fact that you'll be helping us cure pediatric cancers. And so, here's the link to make a donation (I assure you, it's 100% safe and secure): http://www.firstgiving.com/ashermarks

I thank you for your time, and can't wait to meet you all for some good motoring.

Sincerely,

Asher :top: