Claymore

MB Automotive - Rockville

OK, not recommended. I had them replace my front control arm bushings with the Powerflex kit, and they managed to install one side backwards. The inner bushing was backing out, and the only way I caught this was that I had another shop install the TSW X-brace before I left for Lime Rock on Wednesday morning. Luckily the shop (Auto World in Gaithersburg, near the airpark) was able to press out the bushing and reinstall it correctly.

The shop owner was gracious enough to give me a refund (but only for the side that was installed incorrectly), but it still rankles me that a shop can do one side correctly and not realize they did the other side wrong - something should have "clicked" in the mechanic's mind that it wasn't right. Needless to say, this could have been disastrous had I gone to the track with a half-baked bushing.

I've heard of Auto World in Gaithersburg, but i've never been there. I live in Rockville, but i've never taken my MINI to anyone else other than the dealerships.

Thanks for the heads up though! ... glad you got things fixed before it became a HUGE problem!