It's always good to have options! :) Like several others, if I'd known how inexpensive it was, I wouldn't have waited and I would have been doing this in the past. I even took my Girlfriends 350Z and had it done - I may take by VW and get it done as well.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Another great experience with Carlos's Solar Solutions! Skylar got the treatment everywhere but the front windshield. 35% on the sides/rear and 50% on the roof. Agree with all the positive feedback here! Not the best photo taken with my Droid, but you get the idea. Need to get him washed up and get the wheels clean but the windows turned out great. :motor:

59cedb5fc8f27_SolarSolutionsTinting.jpg.9b5658798d01ed39ed4a5b6037aedc5b.jpg

59cedb5fc8f27_SolarSolutionsTinting.jpg.9b5658798d01ed39ed4a5b6037aedc5b.jpg

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

+1

Carlos hooked up my ride today! I was gonna go a little bit darker than the legal 35% but while I was there I overheard a VA resident request a re-tint down to legal status. The tickets where adding up.

So, when I get my camera back I'll post some glamor shots of my Blue Blur!

:bootyshake:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Can't wait to see the pics with the tint. I've not regretted having that done - not once since then. In the summer time, it kept the car cooler from a comfort perspective and aesthetically, it's really, really cool!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

+1

Carlos hooked up my ride today! I was gonna go a little bit darker than the legal 35% but while I was there I overheard a VA resident request a re-tint down to legal status. The tickets where adding up.

So, when I get my camera back I'll post some glamor shots of my Blue Blur!

:bootyshake:

Alright! I cannot wait to see a picture! Did you get the 35 percent tint from Carlos (plus whatever is on the windows already) -as rrsperry talks about- or did you get less than the 35 percent tint from Carlos?

I finally had a chance to wash Skylar on Monday and snapped a higher rez photo with the window tint. I'm still really happy. I haven't had a problem yet, but who knows. It is probably imminent. <sigh>

DSC06902.jpg.6a98aaa470ab020b1357ec57bf37f8ee.jpg

DSC06902.jpg.6a98aaa470ab020b1357ec57bf37f8ee.jpg

"Skylar" -2009 JCW Hard Top. See my Mondo-Minis page for more.

Alright! I cannot wait to see a picture! Did you get the 35 percent tint from Carlos (plus whatever is on the windows already) -as rrsperry talks about- or did you get less than the 35 percent tint from Carlos?

I finally had a chance to wash Skylar on Monday and snapped a higher rez photo with the window tint. I'm still really happy. I haven't had a problem yet, but who knows. It is probably imminent. <sigh>

He threw the 35% on top of what was there. So it's a tad darker than 35% but nothing close to illegal. I had him add a little more to the sunroof. Even a "sistah" has to watch those rays and keep cool while I'm being cute!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Be careful with the VA laws. What they actually state are:

Front (driver and passenger) side windows - 50%

Rear window and rear side windows - 35%

So technically, 35% all around will be illegal because they want to be able to see the driver and front seat passenger better.

I ended up just getting 50% all around, with blue tint. It isn't very aggressive but it's nice. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

DC is:

• There must be at least 70% light transmittance (i.e. 30% tinting) through the front windshield or front side windows; and

• There must be at least 50% light transmittance (i.e. 50% tinting) through the rear windshield or rear side windows. However, less than 70% light

However, I don't know anyone who has ever gotten pulled over for tint in DC. The only time they check for it is during your vehicle inspection and they did away with that. They only do emissions inspections now.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I believe in Md. it is 35%. When I had mine done I wanted to go darker

but the shop said that if you drive your car alot it will be just a matter

of time before the police will get you. Then you will have to pay to have

it taken off and the legal tint put on. I'm gald I listened.:motor:

Ive had 20%'s on all my cars since forever now. Ive been pulled over for multiple things other then tint, but never heard a word about it. My mini came with 20% and it passed Md state inspection with it.

A friend of mine is a cop and told me that the only reason they don't like tint is because they cant tell how many people are riding in a car when they pull them over. As long as they can see enough to get a headcount then, usually the dont seem to care.

Now im jinxed....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps two things to do:

1. If you get pulled over, unroll your windows;
  2. Keep a copy of your tint paperwork/receipt if you had legal tint added. 35% tint plus the natural tint of the glass can put you below the legal percentage. Showing an officer your receipt might help show them that you were acting in good faith and save you from getting a ticket (helped a friend when he was pulled over by MD State Trooper).

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

Brandy needs to get tint on Nila, but I plan on waiting for your move around the beltway as Maryland tint laws a a bit more lax.

Tint darkness for sedans:

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield.

Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Tint darkness for SUV and vans:

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield.

Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.

Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

What I need to find out is does Maryland consider a countryman an SUV. Is there someone that has MD plates on their Countryman, and can tell me if the registration says sedan or SUV? Thanks:top:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Brandy needs to get tint on Nila, but I plan on waiting for your move around the beltway as Maryland tint laws a a bit more lax.

Tint darkness for sedans:

Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Tint darkness for SUV and vans:

Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.

Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

What I need to find out is does Maryland consider a countryman an SUV. Is there someone that has MD plates on their Countryman, and can tell me if the registration says sedan or SUV? Thanks:top:

Interesting, and good info. I'd be curious how the Countryman and Paceman are listed, too.

BTW, a few years ago I created the following FAQ item on window tint - I'll be happy to add or update it if something changed:

FAQ: General FAQ - What are the state laws regarding car window tint?

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I'll be getting the MD plates for my new CM any day now. I'll let you know! I need tint too

I got my MD registration over the weekend and my CM is classified as a 4 door hatchback.

As an aside, I had Domo tinted at 35% all the way around even though VA legal is 50% on the fronts. I never had any problems with inspections or tickets (despite being pulled over a few times)