Brian0758

Wednesday AM departure group

It looks like HzBBlur, Keckert and me will be leaving early (6amish) on Wednesday. :motor: We are thinking about meeting at the Starbucks at Chantilly Crossing in Chantilly off of route 50 near the intersection of Route 28.

If anyone else would like to join that would be great:rock:

More info as soon as everything is setup.

See ya at The Dragon

Please RSVP at http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/822-motd-wednesday-departure-group-rsvp/

2012 Jeep Rubicon

You know, MOTD starts Wed. You're gonna miss the 1st day :wink:
That is indeed true, but most people arrive on Wednesday and there generally aren't many activities planned during the day on Wednesday, until the Welcome Dinner on Wednesday night. I don't think they'll miss too much if they leave at 6am. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Add me to the list Brian, although I would've loved around 7 or 8. Haemish is right, we won't miss much the first day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

I figured I would arrive on Wednesday in hopes of hitting the end of registration, then turn around the next morning for the Newbie Orientation and Dragon Run.

The time for the Pigeon Forge Run changed so I might be running from one event to the next.:cuckoo:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I was originally planning to leave on Thursday, but now, I've decided to take the extra day, so I too will be driving down on Wednesday. :rock:

I'd like to join the group, so I'll have to get my a** up early!! :laugh:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I think we're heading due west on 7, then picking up 81 from there. We'll probably meet up with you guys along the way.

What route are you taking? Also, if you're running radios on the way down, what channel will you be monitoring?

The last time I went down to that area I took 66 to 81 to 26 and from Ashville went West. I am not sure what route Keckert has planned.

As far as radios we would be using channel 7 subchannel 21 that we normally use on the DCMM runs.

Here is the updated list of those meeting at Starbucks:

Keckert, HzBBlur, Mr EZ, Scavenger and myself.

See ya on the road :motor:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

OH YEAH!! I am stoked too :biggrin:

Do people still say "Stoked"? Cause that's how I am feelin'!

:rock::hahaha::rock::rofl::rock:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

The last time I went down to that area I took 66 to 81 to 26 and from Ashville went West. I am not sure what route Keckert has planned.

As far as radios we would be using channel 7 subchannel 21 that we normally use on the DCMM runs.

Here is the updated list of those meeting at Starbucks:

Keckert, HzBBlur, Mr EZ, Scavenger and myself.

See ya on the road :motor:

I haven't mapped out the full route yet to see where the road closures are but what Brian listed is generally the way I go to Ashville so that was what I was planning. I do plan to run my radio on the way so the DCMM channel works for me!

Is the Starbucks you're referring to the one at 14423 Chantilly Crossing Ln, Chantilly, VA? For Mr EZ and I, this would have us going more North past 66. Maybe we should pick a meeting spot along 66, or perhaps in Centreville?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

I just put together a Google maps route including the recommended detours.

UPDATE: I just "virtually" drove the detour section in Google Earth and I think the portion of Hwy 71 through the Smokies is going to be awesome! If we leave early enough that it will still be daylight when we get here, it'll be nice.

Edit: see the routes I posted later in this thread.

Edited by Scavenger
Updated so as not to confuse anyone

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Is the Starbucks you're referring to the one at 14423 Chantilly Crossing Ln, Chantilly, VA? For Mr EZ and I, this would have us going more North past 66. Maybe we should pick a meeting spot along 66, or perhaps in Centreville?

Here is a Starbucks close to the intersection of routes 28 and 29.

14155 Saint Germain Drive, Centreville, VA 20121

Since it is closer to 66 it probably is a better location :biggrin:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I just put together a Google maps route including the recommended detours. CLICK HERE

UPDATE: I just "virtually" drove the detour section in Google Earth and I think the portion of Hwy 71 through the Smokies is going to be awesome! If we leave early enough that it will still be daylight when we get here, it'll be nice.

Here is the route that I was thinking which avoids the Gatlinburg traffic which can be slow. http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=14155%20Saint%20Germain%20Dr%2020121&q2=highway%2028%2028733}&mag=5&ard=1#mvt=m&lat=35.416037&lon=-83.754802&mag=5&zoom=13&q1=14155%20Saint%20Germain%20Dr%2020121&q2=highway%2028%2028733}

We would miss Hwy 71 which looks like fun but we would get there a little quicker. Any route is cool with me since we are leaving early :motor:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I say we take 71 as Alan said. I'd lots of fun, I think:rock:. I don't know what all the other people think

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

I'm glad you like it, but I actually would prefer getting there quicker. So, if there is a quicker route, then great. By quicker, I suppose a difference of 30 minutes or less is probably insignificant - in which case I say, "take the fun route".

Brian, I'll check out your route an compare.

I say we take 71 as Alan said. I'd lots of fun, I think:rock:. I don't know what all the other people think

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Here is the route that I was thinking which avoids the Gatlinburg traffic which can be slow. http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=14155%20Saint%20Germain%20Dr%2020121&q2=highway%2028%2028733}&mag=5&ard=1#mvt=m&lat=35.416037&lon=-83.754802&mag=5&zoom=13&q1=14155%20Saint%20Germain%20Dr%2020121&q2=highway%2028%2028733}

We would miss Hwy 71 which looks like fun but we would get there a little quicker. Any route is cool with me since we are leaving early :motor:

I figured out why this doesn't work....... It's Yahoo!!! :biggrin:

This is my map from DC

Edited by JustJAY

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I screwed up my routes trying to recreate the one through Asheville. I'll take another stab at it later. Anyway, I think the time difference was between 30 minutes and an hour.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

I just called to confirm my reservation at Fontana Village, and was told it was CANCELLED. No explanation why, but they're going to call me back and let me know. I made this reservation a while back. Not sure what happened. :questionmark:

I just called to confirm my reservation at Fontana Village, and was told it was CANCELLED. No explanation why, but they're going to call me back and let me know. I made this reservation a while back. Not sure what happened. :questionmark:

That is not the 1st time I have heard of that. We always call a couple of months prior to MOTD to confirm. Good luck on lodging.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is not the 1st time I have heard of that. We always call a couple of months prior to MOTD to confirm. Good luck on lodging.

I always call a week or 2 out. Considering I booked in July, and they took my deposit... then they say they refunded it. I'd better look, because I don't recall that.

EDIT: nope, no refund. Hopefully a clerical error.

EDIT: Clerical error. The original confirmation number was canceled out, but they had me under a different confirmation number. I feel better now :)

Edited by carman63