1car-nut

Recommended Non-Dealer for Early Oil Change?

I've got 3K miles on my JCW Clubman and I'm loving it. I just can't get comfortable waiting to 14K miles to get the first included oil change done. Can anyone recommend a good place in the NOVA area to get the oil changed? Really hate to pay the dealer $200 for something this simple.

Thanks!

I take Cricket to Mach V in Sterling for off-cycle oil changes. Dan charges about $85.

Do you usually bring the oil and filter to him? If so what would you recommend and where should I get it?

Anything else I should have them do while I'm there?

Thanks!

I can enthusiastically add my recommendation for the folks at Mach V. Just had my oil changed, front brake pads and rotors replaced, and brake fluid flushed and changed. Terrific service.

:congrats:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Greeley" - Old English for grey meadow

2006 MCSa, DS/B, blk leather, blk bonnet stripes

Stopped by http://www.fairfaxmotors.com/ Service Dept this AM to see what they were all about. I see BMW and Audi traffic through there pretty consistantly. Found out they service MINIs. :rock:

I met the Service and Parts Director, Charlie. I'll let you all know how my experience goes. Blur is past due for a Pre-Oil Change.

Has anyone been here or heard of them before?

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I only have experience with the sales staff and a little of the repair, bought my M3 from them and a friend got an Audi a few years later. They fixed the minor things on it and seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I am not sure if they are still there but Brian was one of the lead repair people for the BMW's. Talking to him he knew his stuff, I would have had my repairs their but I moved out to South Riding.

I don't know if this says much but the M3 and the Audi were in great shape and we never had major issues that were not expected. So at least the buyer knows what to look for, where my next used car had a lot of issues, not from them. I would have gone back to Fairfax Motors but they did not have what I needed at the time.

Let us know how they are.

Found a link, this guy http://www.fairfaxmotors.com/BMW_Service.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2010 MCS HzB/HzB|Alexandra "Alex"|Auto|Carbon Punch Leather|Cold Weather|Premium|16in alloy bridge spoke|USB/iPod|Sirius|Center Armrest|Auto A/C| Born 11/01/09 - Motoring 5/21/10

(Sold) 2002 BMW 330xi Black|102K miles|Bilstein HD Struts|H & R Sport Springs|Cold Weather|Premium|Xenon (Sold) 1999 BMW M3 Triple Black Convertible|Manual|100K Miles|Projector36 by Umnitza Ellipsoids + Predator 6000K Xenon

I'll give props to Dan and the guys at Mach V again. Had an oil change done out there last week as a walk in and it was done pretty darn quick at a very affordable price (because I was too lazy to do my own oil change). Ever time I've been out there to Mach V, it's been a very positive experience.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm getting my Oil Changed on Tuesday. I'll let you know how things go.

Here is the link. http://www.fairfaxmotors.com/mini_Service.html

I only have experience with the sales staff and a little of the repair, bought my M3 from them and a friend got an Audi a few years later. They fixed the minor things on it and seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I am not sure if they are still there but Brian was one of the lead repair people for the BMW's. Talking to him he knew his stuff, I would have had my repairs their but I moved out to South Riding.

I don't know if this says much but the M3 and the Audi were in great shape and we never had major issues that were not expected. So at least the buyer knows what to look for, where my next used car had a lot of issues, not from them. I would have gone back to Fairfax Motors but they did not have what I needed at the time.

Let us know how they are.

Found a link, this guy http://www.fairfaxmotors.com/BMW_Service.html

Took Blur in for an early Oil Change...epic fail! She has a leak! :embarassed: I know! So off to PMoA in the AM.

Charlie's hospitality gets an A+ at least.

I'm getting my Oil Changed on Tuesday. I'll let you know how things go.

Here is the link. http://www.fairfaxmotors.com/mini_Service.html

if that is the case, I will get my next one done there:rock:

hmmm.... how about Passport MINI for $79.95 plus tax? Probably cheaper than most other places, and you get to have a MINI-trained technician check out your car (who ONLY works on MINI's)! How many places can say that? :top:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

Took Blur in for an early Oil Change...epic fail! She has a leak! :embarassed: I know! So off to PMoA in the AM.

Hey Quitta, What did PMoA say about the oil leak? I was thinking either Fairfax Motors cross threaded the filter or drain plug. Are you going to try and get them to reimburse you for PMoA bill if it was there fault?

2012 Jeep Rubicon

No fault to Fairfax Motors. Found a puddle in the garage before my appointment so it was an exsisting issue. PMoA said it was some gasketmagig on a timing thingymabober. Glad I took it to Fairfax Motors because I thought it was my Beau's truck w/ the leak. :hahaha:

Hey Quitta, What did PMoA say about the oil leak? I was thinking either Fairfax Motors cross threaded the filter or drain plug. Are you going to try and get them to reimburse you for PMoA bill if it was there fault?

I pay this same amount for synthetic oil & filter for my 4WD SUV (which usually cost more to remove skid plates, etc). When I took our MINI into PMoA for our 1st annual maintenance plus Oil Change PLUS VA state inspection. Total bill: $0.00!!! I was shocked.

So, if you bought your MINI from PMoA, I've found their service exceptional over the past year. Our MINI is 1 year old this month.

Thanks for the recommendation. They look like an excellent independent. I've been looking for a good shop to add some handling upgrades to my '04. Still on the fence about whether to sell it, or go all out. So far just have a Borla, improved air filter and high perf tires. Have you had any aftermarket work done there?

I have also taken my Mini to Mach V in Sterling. Bunch of good people to deal with. They will supply everything needed for the oil change. Here is the linky to there website for more info. http://www.fastmini.net/

I do not understand Mini owners looking to make very simple things complicated. ANY gas station can change the oil. Take them the filter ( you bought from the dealer with the club discount), and your favorite top quality synthetic oil.

"I don't always use synthetics, but when I do, I prefer Amzoil."

TVRGeek, I disagree. The filter cannister is a bit tricky and it is quite easy for some grease monkey that has never done one before to screw it up.

Recent example - a friend took his 1985 grey market Porsche to a local non-Porsche independent for an oil change. They put the lift points on non-structural parts of the rocker panels. Did $2500 worth of damage.

JAB 67

Fairfax, VA

2004 MCS, PW/B