STXMINI

🏇Run for the Roses Run

Event Title: 🏇Run for the Roses Run

Event Date: 05/13/2023 10:45 AM to 05/13/2023 02:00 PM

Event Address:

*We are moving this event to May because we will be doing the Scavenger Hunt in June

Dust off that fascinator, and throw on your favorite pair of Seersuckers and join us for a gallop through horse country.

With the Triple Crown in full swing we're honoring horse power the MINI way.

Your run leaders for this event will be Mike & Lorri (STXMINI)

The starting gate will be in Leesburg; we'll travel a few well known roads before cantering down some twisties on our way to our lunch stop in Middleburg VA.

After lunch we'll continue rounding the bends on our way toward the finish line of one of our favorite watering holes, Bear Chase Brewery.

Start: 962 Edwards Ferry Rd Leesburg, VA 20176 (Same spot as Cars & Coffee)

End: 33665 Bear Chase Ln, Bluemont, VA 20135

Driver's meeting: 10:45 

Leg Up...er...Wheel's up: 11:00

1st leg to Middleburg: Aprox 45 min

Lunch on your own in Middleburg: Choice between a picnic, or eat in town. 

2nd leg to Bear Chase: Aprox 45 min 

RSVP on the event here: 

Mike and I will be doing a test run today. The route will be the same as last year. I have the route on a PDF, but right now I do not have a GPX map for you (Corey usually does these for me). 

* ☕ Also, as a reminder, this is a Saturday run at the same place in Leesburg that we normally meet at. There will be NO Cars & Coffee on Saturday, but it's the same meeting place as C&C, which is why it's referenced (This caused some confusion last year).

🍴 Lunch will be on your own in Middleburg, we'll stop for about an hour.

* 🧸Ending at Bear Chase Brewery (The place with the view)

* 🔌For our EV drivers: First leg is about 35 miles long, second leg is about 29 miles long, and there appears to be a Tesla charging station near our lunch stop.

* 🐕‍🦺 This will be a dog friendly run

RUN FOR THE ROSES.pdf

7 hours ago, DanP said:

Hey were we tracking that Saturday will be Art in the Burg in Middleburg? A couple street closures planned, though not the main highway. Parking may be tricky though. 

https://www.artintheburgva.com/

Whoa! Thanks for posting this, we may need to pivot our lunch spot. Parking is already a nightmare in Middleburg

So the plan right now is to still make our way to Middleburg. The road closures for the Art event are on the side street that parallels the main road (Washington St) so we should be ok to drive through town.

We'll parade on through, and head toward Bear Chase. Our run is really only about an hour and 15 minutes long, so a lunch stop isn't necessary, the Middleburg stop is just part of the Derby vibe of the "Run for the Roses" and was well received last year. Bear Chase has plenty of food options.

🌦️ Also, I have been watching the weather, it appears as if the rain forecast is supposed to end mid-morning, it should be clear for most, if not all, of our drive.

**As a reminder: Bear Chase has a gravel parking lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just signed up - there will be two of us in one MINI; though not sure what the plan is if the weather is rainy? Will keep an eye on the board ..  fingers crossed for a weather clearing! 

Edited by MINIFIED
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, zincwolverine said:

Hi,  I'm really sorry, I have to cancel my attendance. I am bummed but hopefully will be able to attend a future run. Thanks!

No problem, thanks for letting us know so we don't wait on you. You can "Leave the event" by clicking in the green box under "You are going" 

That was the coolest thing! What epic timing. We were a little confused at first, "How did he know the exact moment we'd be in Middleburg?" 🤣 Thanks for taking the photos and for sweeping for a bit

Thank you Lori for a fun event and for getting the weather to behave! Though I've been in this area for nine years (and believe it or not used to come up from NC for DC Metro events occasionally when I lived there) we definitely hit some fun roads I had not been on before .. such beautiful scenery!

When we were stopped at a red light, Jerry and I were talking out loud (is there really any other way? there's my early Sunday AM brain composing a sentence) that if the other non-MINI vehicles stopped in traffic saw 4 MINIs with both MD and VA plates, would they think we were together or would they think it was a co-incidence? Four MINIs would seem to be the quandary point - at 5 MINIs it would be a "definitely planned" gathering -- but in fact at 5 MINIs it was not 🙂 

See you again soon. I will get the drives together that I have promised, just have to look at the calendar. (Except for the Great Ice Cream Jog, that will definitely be July 29) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Thank you Lori for a fun event and for getting the weather to behave! Though I've been in this area for nine years (and believe it or not used to come up from NC for DC Metro events occasionally when I lived there) we definitely hit some fun roads I had not been on before .. such beautiful scenery!

When we were stopped at a red light, Jerry and I were talking out loud (is there really any other way? there's my early Sunday AM brain composing a sentence) that if the other non-MINI vehicles stopped in traffic saw 4 MINIs with both MD and VA plates, would they think we were together or would they think it was a co-incidence? Four MINIs would seem to be the quandary point - at 5 MINIs it would be a "definitely planned" gathering -- but in fact at 5 MINIs it was not 🙂 

See you again soon. I will get the drives together that I have promised, just have to look at the calendar. (Except for the Great Ice Cream Jog, that will definitely be July 29) 

It was nice to see you again Susan, it'd been a minute since MTTS. Glad you and Jerry enjoyed it. (He and I bonded over insurance at Bear Chase,  😆) Bummer that it was so cloudy, the view at Bear Chase is amazing. Looking forward to seeing you again at MOTD if not before then.