STXMINI

A Winchester Run

Event Title: A Winchester Run

Event Date: 04/30/2023 09:30 AM to 04/30/2023 02:00 PM

Event Address: 962 Edwards Ferry Rd, Leesburg, Virginia, 20176, United States

Please join us for a Sunday drive through Virginia’s rolling countryside.  Our drive will begin at the Cars & Coffee in Leesburg and we will head south and west through some of the prettiest scenery in Virginia.  This run will be limited to 15 MINIs and will be focused on enjoying the countryside in a controlled driving experience.  We will pass along two meandering rivers (makes for nice twisties), cruise by many of Virginia’s horse farms, make a quick pit stop in Marshall, pop over the Blue Ridge Mountains, skim the Shenandoah River twice (if you put your hand out it will get wet), and eventually arrive in Old Town Winchester (https://oldtownwinchesterva.com).  Our final destination will be at Vibrissa Beer and Kitchen where we will have lunch and discuss our Little Virginia Journey (LVJ).  If you haven’t been to Old Town Winchester before, we are only two blocks from the Walking Mall which has unique shops, ice cream, restaurants and three breweries (an extra one is only a block away).

Start Point:  The Leesburg Public House – 962 Edwards Ferry Rd, NE, Leesburg, VA 20176

End Point:  Vibrissa Beer and Kitchen – 10 N Kent St, Winchester, VA 22601 (vibrissabeer.com)

Schedule of events:

09:30: Driver’s meeting

09:45:  Run Starts

11:15:  Pit Stop (Food Lion, Marshall, VA)

11:30:  Leave Marshall, VA

13:00:  Arrive Vibrissa Beer and Kitchen

RSVP on the event here: 

• Like 1

This run will be similar to the Mistress Run, but not a Hop, Skip, and a Brew Run. 85+% twisties with quick elevation changes, but will be flat along the rivers. We are usually at or above the posted speed, but within the group’s abilities. If you only want flat out driving, a Hop, Skip, and a Brew or a day at one of the Autocross sessions might be more applicable. I do all three. Would love to have you attend.

• Like 2

I will be completing a reconnaissance check for the Winchester Run tomorrow (23APR23), if anyone would like to tag along.  I will begin at the Run’s starting point, the Leesburg Public House, at 0930.  I plan to depart by 0945 and drive the entire route to check on timing/route compatibility (no dirt roads).  I will also be sampling a beverage at Vibrissa Beer and Kitchen, then heading to the outdoor walking mall for lunch.  If you are planning on attending the April Board Meeting via Zoom, you will probably have to do it from Winchester.  I will be posting the GPX route by Tuesday.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Widdie said:

I will be completing a reconnaissance check for the Winchester Run tomorrow (23APR23), if anyone would like to tag along.  I will begin at the Run’s starting point, the Leesburg Public House, at 0930.  I plan to depart by 0945 and drive the entire route to check on timing/route compatibility (no dirt roads).  I will also be sampling a beverage at Vibrissa Beer and Kitchen, then heading to the outdoor walking mall for lunch.  If you are planning on attending the April Board Meeting via Zoom, you will probably have to do it from Winchester.  I will be posting the GPX route by Tuesday.

We're really looking forward to this run, thank you so much for doing it!

David has been watching the weather and it looks like Sunday may have a bit of rain. He would like to still do the run, but he's trying to determine if there's enough interest because of the weather forecast?

If you've decided not to go because of the weather, would you please decline on the event link as soon as possible so that he has an idea of how many are still interested. 

EVENT LINK