SusieQ

1992 Rover Mini tire sizing and finding.

Quick question while I'm at work and researching....

1992 Rover Mini, my current tire size is 10". I want to stay at 10", but want wider tire/wheel. Does anyone know if 10" X 8" would work and where the best place to order them is, to include installation to ensure it's correctly done with any spacers, etc. etc. and etc.? 🙂

Thanks for any info in advance.

10x8 are really wide, what are the offset on the ones? factory standard 10s were 3.5 wide with an option for 4.5.  Most after market wide wheels (minilites, mambas, etc...) are 10x6 on classics and you will require fender flares, but having a 92 yours like has flares.  Can you provide a link the the wheels you are considering?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Yeah I knew it was less than 4”. A coworker that’s been helping me work on it told me they were 6”, which I knew was completely wrong. I was looking at 6” initially. Here’s the 8”’s, but they are 13”’s. https://www.motortrend.com/features/1306-1964-austin-mini-cooper/ And I’ll have to inspect mine when I get home, I just don’t want the standard itty bitty wheels. 

3 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

10x8 are really wide, what are the offset on the ones? factory standard 10s were 3.5 wide with an option for 4.5.  Most after market wide wheels (minilites, mambas, etc...) are 10x6 on classics and you will require fender flares, but having a 92 yours like has flares.  Can you provide a link the the wheels you are considering?

And just looked https://www.cokertire.com/tires/145-70r12-michelin-xzx.html they are actually 12”‘s on there!! And they have small flares on the fenders. 

image.jpg