unstable

Dragon question

We are going to be vacationing down hear the dragon, so we are going to try to check it out finally. 

For those of you experienced going there, and you had a couple hours, what are must stop spots for photos and for a drive?

Brian

2006 British racing green with black roof.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:32 PM, unstable said:

We are going to be vacationing down hear the dragon, so we are going to try to check it out finally. 

For those of you experienced going there, and you had a couple hours, what are must stop spots for photos and for a drive?

I was hoping some of our other members that have been there multiple times would have jumped in by now, but I'll give you my two cents.

I love driving the Dragon itself, but my favorite drive was to Bald River Falls in the Cherokee National Forest. 

I'd also recommend making a free account here: MINIs On The Dragon to access all of the runs we do when we do MOTD. 

Have a great vacation!

Corey has been crazy busy but I will remind him to chirp in. There are no real spots to stop on the dragon itself. It is very dangerous to stop other Than to pull over for a car to pass you. There are camera men set up all along the route and will get good photos of your car for you, you just have to search their site for your car. 

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

On 8/14/2022 at 6:32 PM, unstable said:

The overlook is the only good photo stop on the dragon. Here is a photo there. 
AC1C9757-E15F-4C3A-B02C-1B80B4EF5FA8.jpeg

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I enjoy a lot of the roads around the Dragon just as much and sometimes more than the actual Dragon. You want to avoid the Dragon on weekends, it's crowded and full of police looking to raise funds. Hellbender is a really fun swoopy road between the Dragon and Fontana Village

A really fun place to do photos is the top of the dam at Lake Fontana. There's rarely anyone up there and if the top is open you can park your car on the road that drives over the dam and get some awesome shots.

There are scenic overlooks all over the area.

Food options aren't great around there but if you have time to kill and don't care about good service Tapoco is nice because it's on a river and a really enjoyable location. The pizza is pretty good and the drinks are really good.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg