SusieQ

Dash trim modification questions

New member here, so first time poster. 

I have a 2022 Clubman S and the plastic fitted trim that goes along the entire dash reflects in the sun and hits the windshield and legit makes it look like a crack across the windshield. While it's not an issue, it's more of an annoyance. Anyone have any idea on who to go to locally to maybe have it modified? Matte? The only other person that has spotted the issue is one of my kids, "Where'd you get the crack in your windshield mom?" 

Hi SusieQ! Welcome to the club. I have a 2017 Clubman and I've always been annoyed by the same issue. I guess not enough as I haven't done anything about it as it is only noticeable at certain times. I always thought a vinyl wrap might help. I can't remember who, but someone in the club does vinyl stickers and wrapping. Hopefully, they might respond.....

Edited by Gearhead60
spell check

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, SusieQ said:

New member here, so first time poster. 

I have a 2022 Clubman S and the plastic fitted trim that goes along the entire dash reflects in the sun and hits the windshield and legit makes it look like a crack across the windshield. While it's not an issue, it's more of an annoyance. Anyone have any idea on who to go to locally to maybe have it modified? Matte? The only other person that has spotted the issue is one of my kids, "Where'd you get the crack in your windshield mom?" 

Have you thought about getting it wrapped in a matte vinyl?  Or see of they make those thin carpet or alcantara dash covers?

https://www.carid.com/2022-mini-clubman-dash-covers/?filter=1&sub-model[ourRealModelName][]=Clubman

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

On 7/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, Gearhead60 said:

Hi SusieQ! Welcome to the club. I have a 2017 Clubman and I've always been annoyed by the same issue. I guess not enough as I haven't done anything about it as it is only noticeable at certain times. I always thought a vinyl wrap might help. I can't remember who, but someone in the club does vinyl stickers and wrapping. Hopefully, they might respond.....

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't looked into the vinyl wrap, maybe I assumed they were all glossy so I didn't think to check there. But great idea, I'll look into that. Thanks!

On 7/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, TATTRAT said:

Have you thought about getting it wrapped in a matte vinyl?  Or see of they make those thin carpet or alcantara dash covers?

https://www.carid.com/2022-mini-clubman-dash-covers/?filter=1&sub-model[ourRealModelName][]=Clubman

I'm going to look into matte vinyl. I think I'd end up hating a cover across the dash. 🙂