1975_mini

[CANCELLED]The Home Alone Run

Event Title: [CANCELLED]The Home Alone Run

Event Date: 04/30/2022 10:00 AM to 04/30/2022 01:00 PM

Event Address: 15315 Washington St, Haymarket, VA, 20169

April is often a quite month for DCMM as many of our run leaders are doing final prep and heading down to the Tail of the Dragon. Well @DavidJCW has decided to embrace his inner Kevin McCallister and see what mischief he can come up with. He has put together a great scenic drive that travels some of the best twisties in NW Virginia. The Run will start in Haymarket and cruise out the Luray to grab lunch. This will be an out and find your own way back run. From Luray there are great routes to come back to home for you. Those heading more north will be at the start of skyline drive just to give one example. 

Schedule:

1015 - Drives Meeting

1030 - Wheel up

1200 - arrive in Luray.

Come out and give your MINI a good shack down as you prepare for MINIs Take The States.

RSVP on the event here: 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

This is a scenic route starting at Sheetz in Haymarket.  We will be running radios and I will have a navigator (even though there are only 2 or 3 total turns on the run).  I will have at least one extra radio for anyone that needs it.  From the Haymarket Sheetz, we take VA-55 out to Marshall, VA, then we hit the back roads all the way to Sperryville.  There is a gas station & Convenience store just as we come off the B-roads and hop on to 211; we will stop there to fuel up and pit stop.  Then it is up and over the mountain to Luray.  I am looking at different spots for lunch to cap the run and get some pictures.  Hope to see some folks there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DavidJCW said:

I appreciate you!  No worries though; If there are no takers I will just cancel and volunteer to lead a different ride.  It was worth a shot!  🙂

I’m wondering if it’s just too far away for our folks? I’ll post again on social media, unless you think we should cancel?