Brandy_Brown

External Event: MINIS On The Dragon

Event Title: External Event: MINIS On The Dragon

Event Date: 04/27/2022 12:00 AM to 05/01/2022 12:00 AM

Event Address:

What Is "MINIs on Dragon"?

That's the first question I had. Well, I've learned that the "MINIs on the Dragon" is many things to many people. For me, it's kinda like a concert. Sure if I want to listen to my favorite group I'll choose an acoustically designed room with a great stereo system. But if that group comes to concert, I'm there, not because of the quality of the music, but for the atmosphere and camaraderie. The event itself now takes on more meaning than the music.

Yes, the MOTD started out as an get together to drive 11-mile stretch of road with 318 curves aka the Dragon. That in itself is more than enough reason to travel to the breath taking mountains of North Carolina. But in the first weekend of May each year, it has evolved into much more than that. Just like our beloved MINI's have evolved into more than just a car to us. So you take the 11-mile stretch of road, then you toss in the mountains, country roads and waterfalls. Now add 600 to 1000 fellow MINIacs and it takes on a whole new meaning. Wake up each morning and see hundreds of Mini's each day, attend dinners and events, go on group drives, or just gather and drool over each other's mods. Get a chance to put a face to a screen name, see some old friends and make some new ones.

For more information and to register check out MINIsonthedragon.com

RSVP on the event here: 

• Like 1

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/forums/image.php?u=1132&type=sigpic&dateline=1367319111

I just got home and had a blast! I had to leave earlier than I wanted, but still got to see some friends (and make some new ones), and drive the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway again. Good times for sure. I hope everyone stays safe and has a safe trip home. I was a little disappointed at the wanton recklessness exhibited by a few MINIacs on the Dragon. Nobody from here, I'm sure.  

• Like 2

We are also home, had a great time and also met some new friends. We enjoyed driving the Dragon even more this year then last. The events put on by MOTD, Barry and his wife, were so much fun! Everyone involved with that endeavor, and all of the staff at Fontana deserve a huge THANK YOU. This has me pumped for a great drive season here at DCMM.

IMG_1678.JPG

• Like 1

Brandy and I just made it back to the house. Another great MOTD, all the DCMM’ers I saw handled themselves appropriately and upheld the high standard DCMM has build. 

If you haven’t had the opportunity to experience MOTD I cannot recommend it enough, whether you enough driving or are more a social person there are events for everyone. 

please talk to those that are old hats or only been once and let them let you about their experiences. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thank you for the update on the 2023 MOTD.  As expected, all cabins, etc are booked at Fontana Village.  What are your recommendations on other lodging options they list?  http://www.minisonthedragon.com/lodging.php

The day drive list isn't very long right now.  Does the number of drives increase as you get closer to registration opening in January?