STXMINI

Run For the Roses

Event Title: Run For the Roses

Event Date: 06/04/2022 10:45 AM to 06/04/2022 03:00 PM

Event Address: United States

Dust off that fascinator, and throw on your favorite pair of Seersuckers and join us for a gallop through horse country.

With the Triple Crown in full swing we're honoring horse power the MINI way.

Your run leaders for this event will be Mike & Lorri (STXMINI)

The starting gate will be in Leesburg; we'll travel a few well known roads before cantering down some twisties on our way to our lunch stop in Middleburg VA.

After lunch we'll continue rounding the bends on our way toward the finish line of one of our favorite watering holes, Bear Chase Brewery.

June 4

Start: 962 Edwards Ferry Rd Leesburg, VA 20176 (Same spot as Cars & Coffee)

End: 33665 Bear Chase Ln, Bluemont, VA 20135

Driver's meeting: 10:45 

Wheel's up: 11:00

1st leg to Middleburg: Aprox 45 min

Lunch on your own in Middleburg: Choice between a picnic, or eat in town. 

2nd leg to Bear Chase: Aprox 45 min 

MC and a horse.jpg

RSVP on the event here: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Yes, my email said May, so I signed up and just noticed the change of date. I left the RSVP to Yes at this point. I was actually looking forward to it being "in lieu of the drive to the Dragon" for any not making it there this year :-) 

I understand completely, unfortunately. while we are working hard to encourage members to volunteer to lead runs this season, we still don't have our schedule full at this point. So to have two runs in May (Crack Pie and this one) didn't make sense when we had open months to fill.

I hope you can make it in June. We were out tweaking the route a little yesterday and we have some gorgeous twisty roads on this run.

• Like 1

Question: The PDF shows meeting at Leesburg C&C, but the run is on Saturday, and C&C at Leesburg Public House is on Sundays; where is the meetup / start point?

What is the lunch plan? Restaurant or BYO picnic? Has a reservation been made for lunch somewhere? 

Thanks - making plans to meetup and do at least the first leg of the drive to Middleburg - but may have to drop out, possible conflict for the afternoon. 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Question: The PDF shows meeting at Leesburg C&C, but the run is on Saturday, and C&C at Leesburg Public House is on Sundays; where is the meetup / start point?

What is the lunch plan? Restaurant or BYO picnic? Has a reservation been made for lunch somewhere? 

Thanks - making plans to meetup and do at least the first leg of the drive to Middleburg - but may have to drop out, possible conflict for the afternoon. 

Thanks 

Hi! Yes, it does say Leesburg cars and coffee, because a lot of people are used to meeting there, the address is on the route map though. So even though cars and coffee is not happening on Sat, most people know that meeting place.

Second: Lunch is on your own on Saturday. We will be parking near a picnic spot for those who want to picnic. But there are some cute restaurants in Middleburg if you’d prefer a restaurant. There is no reservation so that people have their own choice of lunch options. We will stop for at least an hour there.

Glad you’ll be able to make part of the run, looks like it’ll be a nice day

Fun time -  fun roads - great weather. Just what we want for MINI'ing. 

Sorry to bail at lunch -- I did try and catch up at Bear Chase after lunch - with chocolate cake in tow - but looked like everyone had left or was leaving. 

Thanks for organizing and making sure everyone had fun. I was kinda sorry I didn't have lunch in Middleburg. Next time.

Stay safe, y'all! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Perry said:

Had a great time today and wish to thank Mike and Lorri for putting together a fun event and great ride. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next meet.👍

It was a great day, thanks for coming Perry, we'll see you at the next one!

15 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Fun time -  fun roads - great weather. Just what we want for MINI'ing. 

Sorry to bail at lunch -- I did try and catch up at Bear Chase after lunch - with chocolate cake in tow - but looked like everyone had left or was leaving. 

Thanks for organizing and making sure everyone had fun. I was kinda sorry I didn't have lunch in Middleburg. Next time.

Stay safe, y'all! 

NOOOO! A few of us stayed at Bear Chase for a drink, we could have had all that cake to ourselves!!! But we're glad you had fun. Thanks for the excellent sweeping on the front half.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TATTRAT said:

Great to see everyone!

If you'd like to see the few pics I got from our run as well as a few others I got after I got done out that way, click HERE or check out the Facespace link HERE

First link = 404 error. 
Success on the Facey-one. Fun pictures, thanks for sharing. Something clearly looks wrong with that overhead of MINX MINI - oh, wait, convertible on a beautiful day with the top up, that's it .. 

5 hours ago, STXMINI said:

It was a great day, thanks for coming Perry, we'll see you at the next one!

NOOOO! A few of us stayed at Bear Chase for a drink, we could have had all that cake to ourselves!!! But we're glad you had fun. Thanks for the excellent sweeping on the front half.

It was a little after 3:30 - Perry was pulling out, a 2nd MINI leaving also (Scott maybe?) and when I asked the parking attendant he said the MINIs had left. Apparently they didn't know I had choco cake to share. I don't think I have the # for anyone on the run so couldn't text ahead a choco cake warning .. boo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MINIFIED said:

It was a little after 3:30 - Perry was pulling out, a 2nd MINI leaving also (Scott maybe?) and when I asked the parking attendant he said the MINIs had left. Apparently they didn't know I had choco cake to share. I don't think I have the # for anyone on the run so couldn't text ahead a choco cake warning .. boo.

Ahh, yes that's when we all left, sorry we missed you, next time!

Had a great time yesterday seeing everyone and enjoying the twisties!  Felt good to be able to do a run again.  Thanks Lorri & Mike for a good day.  Jackie wants to come back and play sweep car again.  🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SCH said:

Had a great time yesterday seeing everyone and enjoying the twisties!  Felt good to be able to do a run again.  Thanks Lorri & Mike for a good day.  Jackie wants to come back and play sweep car again.  🙂 

It was great hanging out yesterday, Jackie makes a great co-pilot and sweeper, but we need to get her into her own MINI, with personalized tags of course!😆

• Haha 1