1975_mini

The Mistress Run

Event Title: The Mistress Run

Event Date: 02/19/2022 10:00 AM to 02/19/2022 02:30 PM

Event Address: 6003 Burke Centre Pkwy, Burke, VA, 20180

Join us the Saturday after Valentine’s Day for some quality time with our MINIs (Mistress). We will be meeting in the Giant Parking lot in Burke, we will be heading southwest exploring many of the great twisties around Manassas and Warrenton as we wind our way for about an hour with a lunch stop in the Bealeton, VA area.

Lunch Stop: We will be doing a picnic lunch, pack your own, this year at Monroe Park (14421 Gold Dust Parkway Goldvein, VA 22720). The park has restrooms, picnic tables and plenty of parking. The current weather forecast is 52 degrees and sunny, so please plan accordingly. 

After lunch we will continue west and north through Culpeper and into wine country, the route is nearly two hours of continuous country roads that are a great combination of sweeping turns, rolling roads, technical twisties while enjoying countryside views. We will be ending this year at the Three Fox Vineyards.

End Point: Three Fox Vineyards, 10100 Three Fox Ln. Delaplane, VA 20144 check them out at threefoxvineyards.com

Schedule of events:

10:00AM: Driver’s meeting

10:30AM: Run Starts

11:30AM: Lunch stop

12:30PM: Start afternoon leg

2:25PM: Three Fox Vineyard

RSVP on the event here: 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

10 hours ago, MASchultz13 said:

Grrr...I was super excited about this, until I realized that I won't be in town that weekend! :(

Maybe you will get lucky and some ice or snow slides it a week. That has been the case the last two years

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

@1975_mini I just realized that because of MOTD day drive registration opening up at 9:00 am on Saturday, and it being a little over an hour to Burke for us. We may have to catch up with you all along the route. I'm going to register immediately after MOTD opens the gates but we still would not be able to make the 10:00 wheels up in time. 

No worries though, shouldn't be to hard to find 17 MINIs driving down the road!! 

MiniCarParadeGIF.gif.66ad32476effaff99e77155c1193d1e3.gif

Edited by STXMINI
added
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DavidJCW said:

Finding us should be pretty easy (You will hear us before you see us - pop pop pop, bang! bang!); CATCHING us.....  Good luck!

I may not have a JCW but my S will get up and go well enough to catch up with ya! 😆

• Like 1

I have more goodies coming on Saturday so I will likely not be hanging out at Three Fox; Got to get home to get the box off my front porch before any pirates try their hand commandeering a HUGE box (it is about the length of the car itself!)  Any guesses??? (hint: pop....pop...bang bang bang!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, DavidJCW said:

I have more goodies coming on Saturday so I will likely not be hanging out at Three Fox; Got to get home to get the box off my front porch before any pirates try their hand commandeering a HUGE box (it is about the length of the car itself!)  Any guesses??? (hint: pop....pop...bang bang bang!)

Goodie always take priority, we never take it personal if someone bails at the end point. Coming out and driving is the important part.

1975Mini001.jpg

8 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Ugh - last time I looked the lunch spot was TBD .. just now realized it's BYOPL .. might have to find some place to stop before we get to the park .. 

Yes, we did remind everyone on our SM platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) on Thursday that this was a picnic lunch. The wind seems to have died down and it should be around 48° by lunch. We recommend bringing a blanket to sit on, it will keep your bum toasty!

Here are the GXP files for the route this year.

12 hours ago, scottt said:

If it's as windy and cold tomorrow as it was today, is there an alternative lunch spot?

Thx!

There is not, unfortunately

9 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Ugh - last time I looked the lunch spot was TBD .. just now realized it's BYOPL .. might have to find some place to stop before we get to the park .. 

there are few stops just up the road, I can let you know at the drivers meeting

1975Mini001.jpg

On 2/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, STXMINI said:

Yes, we did remind everyone on our SM platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) on Thursday that this was a picnic lunch. The wind seems to have died down and it should be around 48° by lunch. We recommend bringing a blanket to sit on, it will keep your bum toasty!

Oooops, ya caught me,. not on social media .
But I also hadn't checked "follow topic" on this forum, so if an update was posted about the lunch plan, my bad, I wouldn't get it.
It all worked out ... 

20 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Oooops, ya caught me,. not on social media .
But I also hadn't checked "follow topic" on this forum, so if an update was posted about the lunch plan, my bad, I wouldn't get it.
It all worked out ... 

I'm glad it did, it was nice to see you on Saturday Susan.

For thought, Are there other ways we could be updating members on run details, and important info for those not on social media? 

13 hours ago, STXMINI said:

I'm glad it did, it was nice to see you on Saturday Susan.

For thought, Are there other ways we could be updating members on run details, and important info for those not on social media? 

I think posting updates here is fine, I had just forgotten to turn on Follow Topic. Maybe if the forum could be set up to have the Follow Topic default to Yes if a member has posted a message? 

For those who are new to the group that I was talking with on Sunday about other MINI events worthy of interest .. I had mentioned the events at Watkins Glen several times .. as soon as I got home, this arrived in my mailbox. 

Please note, this is a MINI USA sponsored event which generally translates into it being well attended, well organized, lots of corporate 'perks' (free food, door prizes from dealerships) .. it's definitely a "don't miss" .. if you need some other excuses to make a long weekend of it ... Corning Glass Museum 30 minutes away (trust me, 5 out of 5 starts with 3000 reviews or something like that) and it's Finger Lakes wine country. Now let me get my hotel booked before I hit Post on this one 🙂 
(there will be a group caravanning on Friday from Carlisle PA and there is usually a contingent that caravans from Frederick to meet up with the Carlisle group) .. if any of that is of interest, don't post here, this is just an FYI, find Carlisle MINI on Meetup. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574069059577905/

Edited by MINIFIED
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

I think posting updates here is fine, I had just forgotten to turn on Follow Topic. Maybe if the forum could be set up to have the Follow Topic default to Yes if a member has posted a message? 

That's a great suggestion. Maybe, @SneakyBaron can weigh in if that's doable?

Also, thanks for the info on MOTG, another one this MINI newbie has never heard of. I will post something about it on SM later this week about that event as an alternative to MTTS.