Russianrat

I'm SOOO Close!!!!

So I have been a bit of an anglophile and a British car geek since birth -- My first car was a 1968 MGB and I also had a 1967 B.  I have been on a LONG hiatus from British cars, but that hasn't kept me from salivating every time a Mini drives by.  My wife and daughter know that quiet little "I want a mini!" that comes out under my breath every time I see one.  

Well, I am closer than I have ever been.  I am currently shopping for my first Mini.  The target is a 2018/19/20 Countryman S All4 in BRG.  I am working on a couple of options, and hope to be there in the next week or two.  I am loving the site.  There is just a ton of great info here!!    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Russianrat said:

So I have been a bit of an anglophile and a British car geek since birth -- My first car was a 1968 MGB and I also had a 1967 B.  I have been on a LONG hiatus from British cars, but that hasn't kept me from salivating every time a Mini drives by.  My wife and daughter know that quiet little "I want a mini!" that comes out under my breath every time I see one.  

Well, I am closer than I have ever been.  I am currently shopping for my first Mini.  The target is a 2018/19/20 Countryman S All4 in BRG.  I am working on a couple of options, and hope to be there in the next week or two.  I am loving the site.  There is just a ton of great info here!!    

We are so happy you are here! We understand the love of the MINI. We hope you are able to get your dream MINI in time to join us for the start of our drive season (Which will be some time in February). If you have any questions, please ask away, as you have discovered, there is a lot of MINI knowledge here.

Note: I always like to draw attention to the national events that we MINI people enjoy (Something I did not know about when I got my first MINI in 2020). Check out MINI Takes The States / MINIs On The Dragon / MINIs On The Mack

Lorri (STXMINI)

Ok, if the weather gods are kind, I will go up to PA tomorrow and pick up my first Mini, a new to me 19 F60 S All4 in BRG.  If not, then it will be Tuesday.  Can't wait, going to have to pick a name.  I have had Audis and Volvos who were all female (a couple of each).  None of my other cars have had names...For some reason Nigel or Trevor are both coming to mind, but I will wait until I pick it up and drive it a bit... 

C8E46388-50FC-4E66-A5E3-5487922B22E9.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Russianrat said:

Ok, if the weather gods are kind, I will go up to PA tomorrow and pick up my first Mini, a new to me 19 F60 S All4 in BRG.  If not, then it will be Tuesday.  Can't wait, going to have to pick a name.  I have had Audis and Volvos who were all female (a couple of each).  None of my other cars have had names...For some reason Nigel or Trevor are both coming to mind, but I will wait until I pick it up and drive it a bit... 

C8E46388-50FC-4E66-A5E3-5487922B22E9.jpeg

I hope you're still able to get up to PA to pick up your MINI? What's the update?