JayNick15

Best MOD shops in NOVA / DC area?

This question may have been asked before by someone else, but I'm still going through the many forum topics and posts on this great site.  I just recently picked up my new 2022 JCW Mini Countryman and I'm thinking about making a few "minor" changes to it to help boost power, speed, etc., etc.  Can anyone recommend any good and trusted shops in the area that know what they're doing with Minis and can maybe help with some upgrades?  My JCW is already pretty quick and speedy from what I've seen driving it for about two weeks now, but I'd like to make some non-intrusive mods (chips, tuning, etc.) that can help maximize it's output.  I'd really like to get back that old school "snap, crackle, pop" effect if anyone knows how to do that on the newer models.  Thanks everyone for any input and I look forward to meeting you all in person at some point as a new Mini owner and a new member of the group.  Take care and happy holidays!

P.S. 

I attached a few pics of my new Mini for you check out.  I love the thing so far.  Makes driving in NOVA and DC so much more fun. 

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

IMG_7480.jpg

• Like 2

Good looking MINI, I would agree with @SneakyBaron any  time I am not doing the work myself I go to GTPeace. They are comfortable doing everything from basic service to track mods. 

If you are looking at ECU tunes, check out detriottuned.com, They are good friends of the club and produce high quality parts. They also go ECU tunes, you pull and ship your ECU to them and they return it with a staged tune. I know @MELO-R56 did this, and can speak to it. He has an 09 which was a year MINI tuned out the pop and burbles, and they were able to add them back in with his tune.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels