twakefield

Escape the boredom run Sunday 12/19

Event Title: Escape the boredom run Sunday 12/19

Event Date: 12/19/2021 12:00 AM

Event Address:

CANCELLED

Important update, someone I was working with as recently as Thursday tested Covid positive Friday evening.  For everyones health and safety around the holiday's I am going to cancel this run.  Sorry for the late notice, I just found out a couple minutes ago.

Anyone interested in a run this Sunday?  I have an itch that needs scratched, and miss time on back roads.  1800 miles on 95 going to and from Disney World has me missing twisty roads.

Run is on! 

Will need someone to sweep (unless someone else wants to lead).

Date: Sunday December 19th

Rough idea:

10:00 Meet at Leesburg Public House (cars and coffee from 9-11)

10:15 Drivers Meeting

10:30 Wheels up

11:45 (ish) End at Harvest Gap brewery

I don't have a route yet, but it's likely to pass through the famous Lovettsville Squirkle at some point :)  

Thanks!

RSVP on the event here: 

Edited by twakefield

I'll come out to play! I was thinking of hitting up C&C anyway, so why not get in a run?!

-STEVE

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

My kid totaled my beloved 2010 Ford Flex (I CAN LOVE MORE THAN ONE CAR) so he's been using my STXMINI while he tries to find a new used car in his price range (He'd have better luck finding the treasure on Oak Island right now.)

I really could use a run, just so I can actually drive my own car again, but we are Covid positive in our house and I feel like a truck ran me over.

2 minutes ago, STXMINI said:

My kid totaled my beloved 2010 Ford Flex (I CAN LOVE MORE THAN ONE CAR) so he's been using my STXMINI while he tries to find a new used car in his price range (He'd have better luck finding the treasure on Oak Island right now.)

I really could use a run, just so I can actually drive my own car again, but we are Covid positive in our house and I feel like a truck ran me over.

Doh, that went from bad to worse.  Hopefully your kid is ok after the crash, but I agree that finding a replacement car these days is tough.  

Wishing you guys a speedy recovery from Covid.

We will catch up with you guys in the new year for a run.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update - Creekside on my way home from Harvest Gap so that'll work -- I just won't be having lunch at Harvest Gap and it is pretty good food!

See you in the morning. 

Trying to recruit a few more so you get to the 5-8 .. (including my son with his BRZ - of which I saw no representation at C&C last time I went, but he's not an early riser ... )

Cool - yay - that's the MINI run way. 

"This" is what I'm doing, join me if you like, I was planning on doing "it" regardless ... 

See you in the morning .. 

PS I got a whole lot of holiday prep I committed to finishing this weekend .. committing to C&C and the drive has given me a deadline ..🤣

Edited by MINIFIED