twakefield

Tri-State endurance sprint

Event Title: Tri-State endurance sprint

Event Date: 11/07/2021 10:00 AM to 11/07/2021 01:00 PM

Event Address:

Hi everyone-

Since MINI's take the Beltway couldn't happen this year, I thought we could come up with something different.  Would anyone be interested in a roughly 90 minute Tri-State route. See the attached map for my rough planed route.  This is longer than the Hop Skip and a Brew style runs, but not quite a full day run.  If requested we could schedule in a pit-stop in Brunswick if everyone doesn't want to run 90 minutes straight.

If we can get 5-15 cars interested I would put on this run.  More details to come if people want to do this run.

UPDATE:  I think this run is pretty twisty, so lets only do it if it's dry.  The run down Chestnut Hill Road is pretty technical, and would be zero fun if it's wet.  This could end up being 2+ hours if we had to go slow to be safe.

Let me know your thoughts :) 

Timeline:

10:00 Cars and Coffee Leesburg  (arrive as early as 9 to check out C&C)

10:15 Drivers meeting

10:30 Wheels Up

12:00 Harvest Gap Brewery

1670439877_ScreenShot2021-10-20at9_01_24PM.thumb.png.90d996812cfab5b9eb21aa2be2b165a7.png

RSVP on the event here: 

I was going to say it depends on the date .. because it wasn't until I got to the "Discussion" link that I knew what date it was. (I hadn't heard that MTTB was canceled, but I wasn't planning to attend, so maybe that's why)

I'd plan to be there. I have an afternoon commitment so won't be able to stay at the brewery for long, 

And I am weather contingent. Sorry. No fun to run in the rain ... 

9 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

I was going to say it depends on the date .. because it wasn't until I got to the "Discussion" link that I knew what date it was. (I hadn't heard that MTTB was canceled, but I wasn't planning to attend, so maybe that's why)

I'd plan to be there. I have an afternoon commitment so won't be able to stay at the brewery for long, 

And I am weather contingent. Sorry. No fun to run in the rain ... 

MTTB is canceled, just asked Corey to update the other thread.

Also going to update that this run will be weather contingent, the run down Chestnut Hill Road is pretty technical, and would be zero fun if it's wet.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  I think this run is pretty twisty, so lets only do it if it's dry.  The run down Chestnut Hill Road is pretty technical, and would be zero fun if it's wet.  This could end up being 2+ hours if we had to go slow to be safe.

• Like 1

Hey everyone-

Looks like we should be a go for Sunday, and I am really looking forward to this run.  13 cars already signed up, just 2 open spots at this point.

A couple notes for this run.

• Time changes Sunday morning, so don't be late :)
  • Make sure you check tire air pressure, it's going to be a cold start.
    • Extra note, drive within the limits of your tires (talking to you guys that run summer tires ;) )
  • Top off your gas, there are no scheduled stops, although it's only about 50 miles for the run.
  • Get there early if you want to check out Cars and Coffee, attendance has been growing, but the cold might keep numbers down.
  • Radios, 7 sub channel 21
  • Find me the day of if you want the route map GPX file.
  • 10:15 for the drivers meeting, attendance is mandiory
  • 10:30 we roll out

Thanks everyone.  Let us know if you have questions.  

• Like 2

Just now, DavidJCW said:

Good morning god Mini friends (or is it fiends???)  I hate to drop out last minute but I had a change in plans late last night and I have some things to take care of today.

Be safe!, Take some pictures! 

I will catch you on the flip side.

No problem.  

See everyone else in a couple hours :)