SneakyBaron

Pumpkin, Pork & Pastry Run IV

Event Title: Pumpkin, Pork & Pastry Run IV

Event Date: 10/23/2021 09:00 AM to 10/23/2021 02:00 PM

Event Address:

Limiting this run to 10 cars as I think we overwhelmed Monks last year. If there is enough interest I can possibly do a Sunday version.

RSVPs will open in October

We will meet at Great Country Farm around when they open at 9am, hang out there for people to pick their own Pumpkin. Drivers meeting will be at 10:15 and we will head out at 10:30.

Then about an hours drive to Monks BBQ(ETA ~11:30) for some Pork for around an hour.

Last part is about another hour to Sweetz in Leesburg for some Pastries.

This is a dog friendly run at the farm and Monks due to their outside covered seating. Sweetz just does not allow dogs inside.

Pumpkin Harvest Details:

If you plan to visit the farm area you need to buy your tickets in advance for the selected time period(market area does not require tickets): https://greatcountryfarms.ticketspice.com/fall-pumpkin-harvest-2021

October  1-31, 2021

Saturday & Sunday Admission~ Advance Tickets REQUIRED: $14/child & $16/adult ~ Timed Advance Tix required to guarantee access on weekends!  Open Weekends 9am-6pm

Children 2 & Under are Free

NOTE:  Due to Phase 3 limits on event attendance and in support of social distancing for COVID-19 safety, we are not able to offer complimentary admission for military families on Saturdays & Sundays in September and October this season.  We so appreciate your service and will continue to offer complimentary admission to military families on  non-holiday weekdays.

Come celebrate with us and create an unforgettable experience picking pumpkins, cheering on the fastest piggie, doing some pumpkin munchin’ with P-Rex, getting lost in our corn maze and roasting marshmallows at the bonfire. Don’t forget those freshly made Cider Donuts!

Pumpkin to Pork
https://goo.gl/maps/9G3anfUS35s

Pork to Pastry
https://goo.gl/maps/wHDZazthMES2

RSVP on the event here: 

• Like 3

IMG_0147.jpg

The only thing that would keep me from going to a pumpkin/pork/and pie run (3 of life's favorite things) would be if the All Blacks came to Fed Ex field to play Team USA.

Not that that would ever happen...

oh, wait....

RUGBY TIME! Sorry we'll miss this one friends.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MCFox said:

I RSVP'd, but need to drop out as I'm going out of town.  I know the reg is limited to 10 so I'd like to make space for a replacement.  If I can figure out how to cancel RSVP I will.  Hope to motor with you guys another time.

Bummer, see you at another one! Looks like you figured out how to change the RSVP.

IMG_0147.jpg

Since the RSVPs are full, maybe meet you at Monks?

And if you are good with more MINIs, I assure you Monks can handle twice this size .. we show up on W&OD bike rides and there can be 30 people ... and they are likely super glad for the business these days. 

9 minutes ago, SneakyBaron said:

The limit isn't anything to do with the capacity of Monks, we had twenty MINIs last year. It's my personal preference to keep runs I lead to this size.

I based my comment about Monks on the event description about "overwhelming Monks last year";' group size limit is always organizer's choice. 

1 minute ago, MINIFIED said:

I based my comment about Monks on the event description about "overwhelming Monks last year";' group size limit is always organizer's choice. 

Right...which we did since we showed up right when they opened. We are keeping it small for multiple purposes.