MASchultz13

New Member Introduction

Hello all! Thank you for letting me join the group! I figured I'd do an introduction post to get things started. My name is Mike Schultz, and I'm now the proud owner of a 2015 Mini Cooper S that I bought a month ago. I absolutely love this car!

About me: I currently live in Warrenton, VA, and have lived here for a year and 5 months now. I'm retired Air Force so have lived in many places. My wife and I moved up here to VA from Florida when I was offered a job I "couldn't refuse". A few months after arriving here and starting that job, I was offered an even better job working 100% from home, so that's what I do now. I manage software for an IT company, under a DoD contract. My wife and I love it here in Virginia, and regardless of our Florida friends' constant attempts to get us to move back there, we aren't leaving Virginia.

My hobbies include cars (especially my Mini, as I love to drive, especially on twisty roads), movies, reading (fantasty genre mostly), visiting zoos/aquariums/museums, I am a Star Wars geek, so all my vehicles have some sort of Star Wars graphics on them (my Ram is Mandalorian themed, my Mini is Rogue Squadron - matching personalized plates have been ordered already).

My Mini: This is my 2nd Mini. When I was stationed in England back in 2001-2004 I owned a 1985 classic Cooper, that unfortunately I was not able to bring back with me as it wasn't "old enough", per the rules at the time. My current Mini is a 2015 MCS in Volcanic Orange, with a manual transmission and the Harman Kardon sound system, which I love! I've already upgraded the wheels/tires (BBS XR's with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4's), tail lights (red/black/gray Union Jack style), de-chromed most of her (the rest will be done shortly), and added my own graphics. Next up will be lowering her and getting a new exhaust.

Anyway, that's the short of it (or long of it depending on your point of view..lol!!). I look forward to meeting  you all, and to going on some excellent runs with you. Here's a before/after of the day I bought her, to how she sits now.

My Mini Before After.jpg

• Like 3

I absolutely loved your star wars themed decals! The way its integrated with the checkers really is something else! Was it all one custom decal? Or did you add the star wars bits afterwards? Also Im dying to know, where did you get the custom badges! It made me really want to get ones myself!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mav said:

I absolutely loved your star wars themed decals! The way its integrated with the checkers really is something else! Was it all one custom decal? Or did you add the star wars bits afterwards? Also Im dying to know, where did you get the custom badges! It made me really want to get ones myself!

Thank you! It's all one custom decal. I do all my own designs, cut and install them myself as well. It's a hobby that I enjoy. :) Most of my vehicles go through multiple decal sets/themes throughout the time I have it. We'll see on this one.

As far as the badges, I just made decals to put over the MINI circle in the middle, then bought the black surround covers off Amazon to cover the wing portions. :) If you look close enough, you can still see the embossed MINI through the symbol.

Ghost Union Jack Scoop.jpg

• Like 2