MINIFIED

Feeler - Ice Cream Jog, Saturday, July 17

Gauging interest in an ice cream jog from Western MD to Staunton VA on Saturday, July 17 2021

I have organized this before as a 4-state Ice Cream jog, which was an all day affair and I don't want to start that early or spend all day as a 4-state ice cream jog does. 

Tentatively thinking meeting in Frederick MD, an MD ice cream stop, a Front Royal lunch & ice cream stop, Skyline Drive to Staunton for final ice cream stop.

The date and timing is based on meeting up with the Hampton Roads MINI club for their dinner meetup in Staunton the night before the start of the week-long MINIs Take Appalachia. 

Soooo .. I'm going to Staunton regardless. Have one other MD MINI'er who is doing the same. Figured I could make a formal MINI ice cream jog event if there is interest. 

Post away -- ask questions. And if MINIs Take Appalachia piques your intrigue, more info including routes, hotels, dining, plans etc. is under the EVENTs tab on the HR Club MINI Facebook page here: HR Club MINI

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback; I will pull this together in the next couple of days and post it as an actual event by Friday.  

At this point there would be 3-4 MINIs going, and perhaps a few more when the event has specific details.

Re: states covered. I live in Maryland. I am going to attend the first few days of the MINIs in Appalachia with the Hampton Roads group, which starts in Staunton VA, meeting on Saturday for dinner. So I to go from MD to VA regardless. Thinking 1 or 2 ice cream stops in MD, another in Front Royal (w lunch). There are no good WV options on the route these days, so we'll drive through it, but not be stopping.

People are welcome to join in at any point, and leave at any point. The Skyline Drive gets long and in the past we have cut off at Elkton (33). (The advantage to going all the way to Staunton - besides getting to meet up for dinner with likely a dozen or two more MINIs - is that then one is right on I-64 for getting home .. ) 

Rough guess is ~ 3 hours from MD to the lunch stop in Front Royal; another 2.5-3.5 for the Skyline Dr to Staunton (depending on if we cut off at Elkton or not)

Edited by MINIFIED

1 hour ago, AdamX524 said:

When is Mini's in the Appalachia? Is the list for that event full? I've been wanting to do a Skyline cruise. Put out a feeler in the Mini USA group on FB but never got any responses 😪

It's actually called MINIs Take Appalachia - organized by Dale Blankenship with Hampton Roads Club MINI .. starts in Staunton on the 17th and runs for a week through VA, WV, KY, I forget where-else. They have some great infamous driving roads on the itinerary. Check the HR MINI Facebook link I put in the first post for details and to post any questions. This Ice Cream jog is just to get those of us from MD and further north to Staunton for the start. (You can participate in as many or as few days of that event as you like; one of the MD / Carlisle members is doing the whole thing with them and using the Ice Cream jog to get to the start, also)

(Skyline Drive is part of the Ice Cream jog to get to Staunton; I do not believe it is part of the MINIs Take Appalachia event; there's a list of about 6-8 run roads for that event separately. Look under EVENTS on the FB page and then DETAILS for specifics)

Edited by MINIFIED
  • Like 1