Rob Mc

Recommendation for good Shop to work on Modified R56

Guys:

I have a 2008 R56.  Looking for good shop near Bowie to keep her running fine.  Current need is to have Upper Engine Mount replaced.  Secondary is help w overall cabin vibration.  Before you say it I know that the lower torque solutions mount and some of the other mods made it a lot worse.  But the dash and ceiling liners rattles really take away from an otherwise excellent ride.  She is a true sleeper and otherwise well dialed in.  Can't go to a dealer or an otherwise great shop - Bimmer Auto in Clinton - as the ECU tune takes it out of their comfort zone.  So - even if the OEM Upper and any thing else like Tesa tape on the female brackets doesn't do the trick I still need a good shop. 

This is my first Post so if I broke any forum rules - please be kind.  Appreciate any recommendations. 

R56 (2008 Mini S Hardtop) MODS to-date include:

Manual Trans - Ringer Racing Clutch Stage 3 and Flywheel

Milltek Performance downpipe High Flow Cat

-          vibrant j spacer with their smallest size jetting

Wagner intercooler

Borla Sport Exhaust

K&N Cold Air Intake

ecu tune SPS Performance

-          ( Stock, 18, 20 and 21.4 psi) ( stages set by plug in controller stored in glove box)

Brisk Spark plugs gapped at .025 ( May change to .022-.024)

Snow Performance Water Meth injection (controller on dash to left of wheel – washer fluid tank converted to Boost Juice reservoir)

BC Racing coil overs

Torques solutions lower  engine mount.

Zimmerman drilled rotors (front)

Mini on Driveway .JPG

I do all my work in VA, but I can highly recommend GTPeace in Chantilly. Great shop that is comfortable with everything from routine service to track builds. A tuned ecu will not bother them. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels