TGGRRR (Ali)

Trickle Charger

I don't drive Tigger in the winter any more so for the last two years the battery has died. I need a trickle charger but I don't know what to get. I bought a crappy one once but it didn't have clips and we couldn't figure out how to use it.

I don't mind spending the money for a good one that will maintain the battery over the winter. He will be outside so it has to handle the cold weather that we might get.

What are some good trickle chargers for my old boy?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

On this topic.... I bought one of these Portable Power Bank jump starters at Costco:

https://www.costco.com/type-s-12v-jump-starter-%26-8000mah-portable-power-bank.product.100681300.html

well, it worked great this winter, I couldn't get B.A. to start after sitting a while, but I connected this thing, and he started right up. I was skeptical when I bought it, but it proved itself.

Kind of a nice to have item, just thought I'd mention it.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

3 hours ago, Scavenger said:

On this topic.... I bought one of these Portable Power Bank jump starters at Costco:

https://www.costco.com/type-s-12v-jump-starter-%26-8000mah-portable-power-bank.product.100681300.html

well, it worked great this winter, I couldn't get B.A. to start after sitting a while, but I connected this thing, and he started right up. I was skeptical when I bought it, but it proved itself.

Kind of a nice to have item, just thought I'd mention it.

Have one I keep in the boot(should charge it soon now that I think of it), have not used it for myself yet but have gotten 5-6 strangers going with it.

IMG_0147.jpg

PTuning totally hooked me up with Trickle charging for Dummies. They set up a trickle charger in the boot with an adapter. It's basically plug and play. I plug the trickle charger to the house and run the wire to the boot. The big thing to figure out now is if I can lock up the car or not. I may just bungie the boot closed. It's unlikely anyone will try to steal him since he's a stick shift and there's nothing of value left in the car.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg