1975_mini

Unofficial MOTD

For those that haven't seen the social media posts or are not on the MOTD emailing list, the event has moved to a non-official event. This means there will be not formal events (i.e. welcome dinner, bingo, brew swap, Farewell Dinner) and there will not be formally host runs. That being said Brandy and I will still be headed down as we have a cabin in Fontana Village and with so of the management changes lets just say I am "pot committed" to use a poker term. I know quite a few folks are also still making the pilgrimage, for surrounding clubs and like me will still be doing their run for anyone that wants to tag along.

Is anyone here still going or are the first timers that are still going down?

If you are a new to the Dragon, please post below and I will be sure that you are introduced and included in all the informal opportunities the will be happening.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Not planning on MOTD this year since I don't go every year and I'd rather go when it's in "full swing" since it's been a few years.

With MTTS also canceled this year, I'm mulling MINI summer / fall vacation plans. (I still believe with all of the driving we do, it can be done safely)

That said - and this might not be the correct forum - if anyone hears of organized MINI events being held, please post. I haven't checked to see if MINIs in the Mountains is going to be held, but that's an event I've never attended (due to designated vacation time and $$ to MTTS or MOTM) that could be justified this year in absence of the other events. Other ideas? 

9 hours ago, MINIFIED said:

Not planning on MOTD this year since I don't go every year and I'd rather go when it's in "full swing" since it's been a few years.

With MTTS also canceled this year, I'm mulling MINI summer / fall vacation plans. (I still believe with all of the driving we do, it can be done safely)

That said - and this might not be the correct forum - if anyone hears of organized MINI events being held, please post. I haven't checked to see if MINIs in the Mountains is going to be held, but that's an event I've never attended (due to designated vacation time and $$ to MTTS or MOTM) that could be justified this year in absence of the other events. Other ideas? 

I try to post external events especially those of our neighboring clubs. With everyone looking for summer plans I will be sure to post the ones I find. I know Dale with Hampton Roads MINIs is planning a summer run on the east coast since MTTS is cancelled. It is in the early stages so no details yet, but Dale does really good multiday  runs and it may be a good alternative. 

1975Mini001.jpg

As of now, Mike and I (Lorri) are going down for a few days. With MTTS being cancelled again, and me still being a fairly (1 year) new Mini owner, I'm still dying to experience all of the big runs.  Fingers crossed that we'll be vaccinated by then as well. 

• Like 1

Anne Gothro and I plan be there for Friday and Saturday drives and stay in the lodge. We both installed stiffer sway bars in prep for last year's MOTD before it got cancelled, so we're determined to try them out. She'll be coming around the mountain driving her MINI Countryman S from Atlanta and me driving my R56 S from NOVA. Hope to see a few of you there.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, Kirby said:

Anne Gothro and I plan be there for Friday and Saturday drives and stay in the lodge. We both installed stiffer sway bars in prep for last year's MOTD before it got cancelled, so we're determined to try them out. She'll be coming around the mountain driving her MINI Countryman S from Atlanta and me driving my R56 S from NOVA. Hope to see a few of you there.

We will be there, a lot of the regulars and run leaders are there. I know a lot of the run are still going. Should be a lot of fun. We will be in Cabin 628 if you see us enjoying a beverage on the porch in the evening don't hesitate to stop.

1975Mini001.jpg

Well, I didn't go.... BUT, I am hoping to make it to MOTD2022!  I've discussed it with my wife and she seems to be OK, my daughter will be 11 by then and I think she'll like it.  So...if this GD pandemic ends and I actually make a call to Fontana, maybe we can meet up with my old DCMM club!!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

8 hours ago, Scavenger said:

Well, I didn't go.... BUT, I am hoping to make it to MOTD2022!  I've discussed it with my wife and she seems to be OK, my daughter will be 11 by then and I think she'll like it.  So...if this GD pandemic ends and I actually make a call to Fontana, maybe we can meet up with my old DCMM club!!

We will be there, you will see the DCMM banner just stop in

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg