Mav

Rally Lights

Hey Everyone! Im interested in getting some of the rally lights on my F56. Does anyone have a recommendation for 3rd party ones/a place to get the work done or should I just get the OEM from the dealership? I know I cant really use them in the city but Ill be moving back to Michigan soon where Ive always thought "I need more light!" when visiting home. Appreciate any input!

I went with VIP custom's quad light bar, also available as a dual light setup. I included the link the the Gen 3 parts they offer below. The quad light bar is extra sturdy, their light set up mounts between the subframe and bumper making it very strong, might support a person. They also sell the setup will lights or I ordered Hella Black 500 Magic driving lights separately.

http://www.vipcustomparts.com/F56 parts page.htm

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Ive decided on the smoke lense hella 5.3 inch. I think i want to get the quad light bar as well even though im only starting with two lights. This leaves some room for additional if I decide later! I originally hit up PMoA and asking them for an estimate on OEM lights (quoted at ~1200 total and they dont do the DCMM discount anymore) and the reviews for the hella convinced me to go with that instead.

My buddy mentioned an idea I kind of like, but want some input on from ya'll if youd like. He said to have two driving lights on the outer edges of the bar and get two of the 3 inch LED daytime running lights for the inside. I might mess with photoshop to actually get an idea of how it would look. Thoughts?

On 3/16/2021 at 12:48 PM, Mav said:

Ive decided on the smoke lense hella 5.3 inch. I think i want to get the quad light bar as well even though im only starting with two lights. This leaves some room for additional if I decide later! I originally hit up PMoA and asking them for an estimate on OEM lights (quoted at ~1200 total and they dont do the DCMM discount anymore) and the reviews for the hella convinced me to go with that instead.

My buddy mentioned an idea I kind of like, but want some input on from ya'll if youd like. He said to have two driving lights on the outer edges of the bar and get two of the 3 inch LED daytime running lights for the inside. I might mess with photoshop to actually get an idea of how it would look. Thoughts?

I use to run fogs on the outside and driving in the middle, worked out great. The fogs were simply tinted yellow, similar to what I'm running on the JCW. You want your driving lights to be more of a beam, hence the center location. Also depends on spots or floods. Floods on the outside, spots in the middle.

• Like 2

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

So I finally got my Hella 500s on and I could not be any happier! I got the work done at GT Peace Auto in Chantilly and they were fantastic. Thanks to everyone who helped me make my decisions on it all!

PXL_20210408_193700870.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210408_202557283.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210408_202637566.jpg

• Like 3