1975_mini

Premium Event: DCMM Scavenger HUNT

POSTONED DUE TO WEATHER: unfortunately mother nature is not cooperating the first part of the run season. Due to this being an outside event with participants being out of the car the take photos we are postponing the event due to the rain forecasted for Sunday. We are tentatively looking at 11 April to not interfere with Easter plans anyone may have. We will finalize the new date early next we. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we want to ensure everyone has the most fun possible.

Event Title: Premium Event: DCMM Scavenger HUNT

Event Date: TBD

Event Address: Public House: 962 Edwards Ferry Rd NE Leesburg, VA

Join us for the first premium (Members Only) event of the year.  We are bringing back a great event from the past the DCMM Scavenger Hunt. Spend the day gathering points by completely motoring activities in your MINI. We will have a morning leg to the hunt followed by a lunch break to enjoy each other company and see the leaderboard. Then we continue the hunt before ending in the afternoon with another gathering to announce the final results, and AWARD PRIZES!!!

Start Point: Leesburg Cars and Coffee We will be starting from the cars and coffee event come on out a little early and check out some great cars. Once everyone has enjoyed the views will will hold the driver's meeting and sent every one on the hunt.

Public House: 962 Edwards Ferry Rd NE Leesburg, VA

Make your team:

Teams will consist of one MINI with at least two MINIacs (Pilot and Co-pilot). Hunt tasks will be submitted to the judges via social media apps (Facebook/Instagram). If you are a solo please post and we will help you find a teammate for the day.

Schedule of Events (subject to change)

0930: check-in / driver’s meeting

1000: Morning Hunt

1230: Lunch break

1330: Afternoon Hunt

1600: End Hunt / Announce winners

This is just a place hold for the date and the organizer’s are currently solidifying the event locations. It will be based out of Fairfax or Loundon County. Mark the date, and join us for Motoring, Fun, Friends, and PRIZES!!!

A reminder this event will be considered a premium event due to club funds being used to host the event. This means it will only be open to current paid members, memberships can be purchased or renewed in the DCMM store.

Keep an eye on the events for more details!!! Happy Motoring

RSVP on the event here: 

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

1 hour ago, Melissa Murray said:

This looks like so much fun. Can I officially join and have my daughter as my co-pilot? 

Absolutely, you just have to buy a single membership for yourself. You can find it in the website store. Your daughter is definately welcome to join you as your co-pilot.

• Thanks 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Oh no! Time for me to go hide again!  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I'm a maybe, but won't be doing the scavenger hunt as I have no +1 and still playing things safe. I will try to come out to Katie's pre-run...I'm getting shot number 2 on Saturday, so I'll see how I'm feeling. Would just be nice to hit up C&C and see folks.

Hope you all have a blast on the Hunt, these were one of Dana and I's favorite events.

Edited by TATTRAT

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

56 minutes ago, TATTRAT said:

I'm a maybe, but won't be doing the scavenger hunt as I have no +1 and still playing things safe. I will try to come out to Katie's pre-run...I'm getting shot number 2 on Saturday, so I'll see how I'm feeling. Would just be nice to hit up C&C and see folks.

Hope you all have a blast on the Hunt, these were one of Dana and I's favorite events.

Heads up, the start is in Leesburg, not at Katie's (which is still closed due to covid).  Last 2 weekends have been a pretty good turnout at the Leesburg C&C.  Weather looks like it might be rain on sunday, so it's unclear how good the turnout will be.

As for the scavenger hunt, any more details that can be shared?  What's the lunch plan?

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 8:22 PM, twakefield said:

Heads up, the start is in Leesburg, not at Katie's (which is still closed due to covid).  Last 2 weekends have been a pretty good turnout at the Leesburg C&C.  Weather looks like it might be rain on sunday, so it's unclear how good the turnout will be.

As for the scavenger hunt, any more details that can be shared?  What's the lunch plan?

Rad, thanks! Don't know why my brain went right to Great Falls.

Edited by TATTRAT

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

On 3/22/2021 at 8:22 PM, twakefield said:

TWakefield: I may or may not need a co-pilot, can let you know at C&C if I do and you are still interested. 
However, my money is on after R2 you will not feel like getting out of bed, much less driving. YMMV

Edited by MINIFIED
Added "To" name since I think I quoted the wrong thread