JenieRose

Is Towing a Thing?

MINI Masters, 

I'm still super new to the game but I have an urge to get a small camping trailer. Can we put tow bars on an R57 convertible? I keep going down the google rabbit hole but thought it best to come as y'all here. Any and all advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Fish

3 hours ago, JenieRose said:

MINI Masters, 

I'm still super new to the game but I have an urge to get a small camping trailer. Can we put tow bars on an R57 convertible? I keep going down the google rabbit hole but thought it best to come as y'all here. Any and all advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Fish

Check out MINI FINI or perhaps even give them a call. See the pic on this particular page. ( They've supported their fellow MINI owners with cool solutions for many years! Actually ran into one of the owners at MTTS a few years ago. )

I installed their sport link (leaves two little cylinders poking out that look like James Bond oil spray gadgets) on my R57 around 2012-2013. It took a little more work than I expected, but did it in the driveway one morning. All a matter of what one calls "not too difficult."   Used it with an attachment base that included a 2" receiver hitch. I never towed with it... only used for a bike carrier.

I don't have that car anymore, but I *think* I may still have the attachment base stuffed away somewhere.  If you go the MINI FINI route, I would be happy to pass it on to another R57 owner...

Cheers,

Stephen

2021 F54 JCW - Midnight Black