SneakyBaron

2020 MOTD Canceled

http://www.minisonthedragon.com/2020-Cancellation.php

From the page:

General Information: I've held off as long as possible, but with the current guidelines put forth by the CDC, the State of North Carolina (executive orders #117 and #118) and now Graham County, I have decided to cancel this upcoming MOTD. I've already invested over 6 months of my time working daily to host this event and this is not a decision that was easy for me to make.

This is summary from North Carolina Executive Order #117:
* I hereby prohibit mass gatherings in the State of North Carolina.
* A mass gathering is defined as any event or convening that brings together more than one hundred (100) persons in a single room or single space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, theater, or any other confined indoor or outdoor space. This includes parades, fairs and festivals.
* Violations of this section or orders are punishable as a Class 2 misdemeanor in accordance with N.C. Gen. Stat.14-288.20A.

As of Monday (3/23/2020) Graham County has order all lodging to close and place restrictions on the main roads into town.

There are no alternate weekends to accommodate a group this size so we look forward to the 2021 event. Those dates are April 28th - May 2nd 2021.

Feel free to join the fall MINI gathering at Fontana, "MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon" October 9th - 11th 2020

I am just as bummed about this as many of you (probably more so) are but the safety and well being of all my MOTD family and the local residents is paramount. Each year MOTD takes hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to make happen. To be transparent, I have already invested a considerable amount of funds as we were ramping up for the 2020 event. With everyone being refunded that leaves us in the red for this years event and jeopardizes the event going forward. Therefore I will be holding back a $10.00 processing fee on each refund to make sure we have sufficient funds going forward for next year

MOTD REFUNDS: I have over 600 transactions to refund and will start working on those immediately, Expect a refund via your original payment method within 7-14 business days of this notice.

1. Everyone will be issued a full credit less the $10.00 (I have to some funds back for next years operating cost)
2. I will not be ordering the 2020 Event Shirts or Grill Badges or any Swag.
3. We have a Commemorative Shirt and Grill Badge available below
4. There are links below for your to donate funds to both Graham County Food Bank and the MOTD event

Fontana Policy: As of 3/23/2020 Fontana Village is close
1. All Existing 2020 reservations are voided for 2020 and will be transferred over to 2021 automatically

There are commemorative shirts and badges on the page if you want them(available through the link at the top), also the option to donate to the event and the food bank.

IMG_0147.jpg

3 hours ago, IndiCooper said:

Hypothetical question, if all this was to blow over and the world reopened, even though MOTD is canceled, would anyone consider going??

I like where your mind is. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels