Fresh R53

Question HELP

Good afternoon everyone so my cars in the shop because there’s some wrong with the front end I took it to a performance shop but I know the guy he’s my friend so he’s not trying to get over on me and he told me that it’s the passenger side front ABS modulator isn’t working because the caliber isn’t releasing they told me they couldn’t find the modular anywhere and they called the dealership in Sterling and it’s $2400 just for the modular and it’s gonna take me two weeks to get because it’s coming from Germany does anyone have any suggestions. That I don’t have to spend that kind of money because hell I didn’t pay that much money for the car. 
thanks 

1 hour ago, Fresh R53 said:

Good afternoon everyone so my cars in the shop because there’s some wrong with the front end I took it to a performance shop but I know the guy he’s my friend so he’s not trying to get over on me and he told me that it’s the passenger side front ABS modulator isn’t working because the caliber isn’t releasing they told me they couldn’t find the modular anywhere and they called the dealership in Sterling and it’s $2400 just for the modular and it’s gonna take me two weeks to get because it’s coming from Germany does anyone have any suggestions. That I don’t have to spend that kind of money because hell I didn’t pay that much money for the car. 
thanks 

The are plenty of gen1s in the pick a parts. you can get one for a few bucks as long as you are willing to pull it. http://lkqpickyourpart.com/

the price list says

ABS Unit (complete) $62.32
  • Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Also, if it's worth it to you do drive down to Stafford or Fredericksburg (check before you go) they tend to keep the better MINIs separate from the normal picking cars. They'll remove the part for you, or may luck out in the larger yard. Was just at both of those this weekend