wyretrip

MINI takes the States 2020

2018 was my 10th year with a MINI, I committed to do the whole thing - whereever/whenever - and that was supposed to be my "fix" .. needless to say, I've already requested the 2020 dates for vacation this year .. no such thing as too much MTTS no matter how far I have to go to participate! 

27 minutes ago, GreenCactus said:

Route has been announced!! 

I will be doing part of it because it will be really close to home. 

What legs are you thinking? I am thinking picking it up in Pocono and going through Roanoke maybe Abingdon. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I'm so excited the event is coming through Frederick! Curious if there will be an organized event here since the closest dealer is in Montgomery County ... I do feel sorry for the MINIs west of the Mississippi who for their own reasons won't be able to participate this year - and missing the friends I met on the "west" route to Keystone in 2018. Tho I suppose that will be us in 2 years ... 

I may have an incentive to get some work done on B.A.  A LOT of work!

• Like 2

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I want to go the whole route. I cannot think of a better opportunity to do so. I won't need to ship my car at the beginning or end. Just need to pad a day before and after.

I feel sorry for west coast miniacs as well, but maybe that means in two years it will be an exclusively west coast route.

signature-final.png

1 hour ago, 1975_mini said:

I jokingly now call it MINIs take the Colonies 2020!!! 😜

That's funny ... after 2018 for the feedback survey, since I sensed it was going to be pared back this year, I suggested the Mississippi River Road ... then both sides of the country would have to spend a few days getting "to" and "from" but many people do that anyway, at least it felt like it was more "in the middle" .. oh, I had a personal bias, I really want to drive that one of these days!

(I also suggested they forego breakfast - since most stay in hotels that provide breakfast - and go back to doing the dinner / social / fun activities in the PM instead ... I'm not on the MINI USA MTTS planning committee, can ya tell??? :-))

• Like 1

Latest update... cancelled for 2021. MINIUSA seems to be planning a new version of MTTS for 2022 (rather than simply postponing “MINI Takes the Colonies”), but not quite sure. The website is showing the same route and implies postponement... again... but the embedded video seemed to imply a different route or event format. 

Edited by BendersMINI
  • Like 1

2021 F54 JCW - Midnight Black

On 2/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, BendersMINI said:

Latest update... cancelled for 2021. MINIUSA seems to be planning a new version of MTTS for 2022 (rather than simply postponing “MINI Takes the Colonies”), but not quite sure. The website is showing the same route and implies postponement... again... but the embedded video seemed to imply a different route or event format. 

Trying to decide if that "hint" in the video meant a different format in 2022, or if it meant that in 2021 there were going to be some smaller / local events across the county. I could see something like the MINIs at the Glen day happening at multiple tracks across the country -- a MINI "fix" until the next MTTS. 

Still disappointed about this year, but what can you do? 

• Like 1