tvrgeek

Suspension tuning opnions

Ok, 09 S,with the run-flats, the rear is too stiff. It will hop over expansion joints. Probably fine with 4 people in the car, not for one.

Do you think:

1: Run flats just too stiff.

2: Rear spring rate just a tad to high

3: Rear shock rate to stiff.

I ask this as my experience with the KW's in my RSX was the spring rate. I compensated for the stiffer rear spring with a stiffer rear roll bar. What does the mini need to keep the tires in contact with the ground? I want some poise to go with the zip.

Ok, 09 S,with the run-flats, the rear is too stiff. It will hop over expansion joints. Probably fine with 4 people in the car, not for one.

Do you think:

1: Run flats just too stiff. Absolutely. Hit the nail on the head.

2: Rear spring rate just a tad to high. Not sure if anyone makes a softer rate, just lowering options.

3: Rear shock rate to stiff.

How many miles on your car so far? Have you tried experimenting with tire pressures yet? I wonder if lowering the tire pressures one or two pounds in the rear tires might help a bit? Lots of differing views on runflats, but pretty much everyone agrees that their ride can be harsh. I switched over to Goodyear F1 GS/D3s and got a little softer ride, but not a quantum difference. Added a 19mm rear H&R sway bar and it definitely improved cornering. There's still some hop over the joints, but it's not as bad. Hope this helps!

Much like Ed, I dropped the RF's and replaced the sway bar (I went with the 22mm NM Engineering model) that's set at medium. I also put in the Mach V springs to lower it just a bit and I don't notice that I have that kind of hop. On this past Sundays' event, there were a few times where I was sure I was at the extreme top of my suspension travel and then I came back to earth gently.

Tweaking the tire pressure may help but I just can't help but think that the RF's are going to ride about the same regardless of their air pressure.

Give me a shout sometime, you are welcome to take KOOPER for a test drive to see the difference. We are in Annandale so that might be a bit too far for you.

Craig

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Run flats are part of the issue. I went to s lower profile auto cross tire on my car and the ride got softer over the bumps. I put on 215 40 17 Dunlop Z1 star specs, had them on both my 2006 Cooper S and my clubman. The ride comfort was improved in both cars. Also rear sway bay will make the handling better I had a 22mm in my Cooper S. Haven't done suspension to the clbman yet.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]