Coopah

Removing Center Grille Trim Piece?

Anyone know how to remove the center slat in the F56 Grille (see pic)?  I want to black everything out and think it is probably easier to remove this piece.  Looks like it is probably held on by clips, but can't get a good look and I don't want to just start tugging on it.  Has anyone removed theirs?  I'm planning on wrapping all the chrome with 3M 1080 vinyl.  Thanks.

Mini.jpg

here is a video to remove the whole grille, you can see the center clips in the video. Looks like you need to remove the grille to access clips. Seems easy to remove to ensure you don’t brake clips. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I'm planning on doing this too. 

I took the grill off of my R56 and it was just a couple of clips, so pretty easy. I have a set of plastic tools that are meant for removing trim pieces, so hopefully that will help make sure I don't break anything. 

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

2 hours ago, GreenCactus said:

I took the grill off of my R56 and it was just a couple of clips, so pretty easy. I have a set of plastic tools that are meant for removing trim pieces, so hopefully that will help make sure I don't break anything. 

I take the method of cross my toes, the grip it and rip it. LOL

• Haha 1

1975Mini001.jpg

4 hours ago, GreenCactus said:

Is changing the center trim on the grille to red on a non-JCW Mini frowned upon?  Is it as bad as adding an "M" badge to a non-M BMW?  I'd like to personalize my Cooper S and I like the look of the red center trim on the grille, but I don't want to be a poser (as the BMW fans call those who add M badges to non-M cars).

1 hour ago, Coopah said:

Is changing the center trim on the grille to red on a non-JCW Mini frowned upon?  Is it as bad as adding an "M" badge to a non-M BMW?  I'd like to personalize my Cooper S and I like the look of the red center trim on the grille, but I don't want to be a poser (as the BMW fans call those who add M badges to non-M cars).

I think it’s your car and you should do what you like. You’re putting red trim on it, not putting a JCW decal. Personally, I think the red will look great!

• Thanks 1

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

12 hours ago, Coopah said:

Your all good, he’ll MINI selling the aero and interior packages as options separate from the JCW performance parts. Dealers add it on all the time, I call it the “show no go” package. 

As long as you don’t slap the badge on it, no one will think twice. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

1975Mini001.jpg