Figured I'd start a build log here to keep track of everything I'm doing to my 2015 F56 Cooper S.

Here's it looking great Stock:

Mini1.thumb.jpg.3104d0161cbe902e174dfb2d2cc416b5.jpg

mini2.thumb.jpg.f9d977bdf37c8188aec68206ff8c1f8b.jpg

Just did my first small mod, I put in a Gemini phone mount from Craven Speed

link: https://www.cravenspeed.com/gemini-phone-mount-for-mini-cooper-f56-2014-2019/?sku=CS-AB858-252&gclid=CjwKCAjwq-TmBRBdEiwAaO1enx44jpqwabZzfYIJxERVuiFtXA0mkW8LW1FHK5b0Wki6k5uxhTf06xoCBl4QAvD_BwE

cellmod1.thumb.jpg.8bd381bd146b9d26eb728d6dd292bc48.jpg

cellmod2.jpg.4e9a37c124a55abb651d2130b685df89.jpg

• Like 2

Good idea, members of the club really enjoy following them. I look forward to following. Just don’t be like me a get focused on the project and forget to get updates. Lol

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

10 minutes ago, AdamWest said:

Well this morning was fun:
sunfail3.thumb.jpg.62c803a1c3ee8f8f392d75c98da94203.jpgsunfail2.jpg.9ab0d8486032aa70ab5c2705e54db3b0.jpgsunfail1.jpg.7444194871974a6da1eef7fdd1c56289.jpg

Apparently sunroofs can spontaneously explode on the beltway.  Cut up my arm pretty good too.  The kicker passport mini probably won't cover it under warranty FML.

If you were moving, they will likely attribute it is a rock hitting it making it a comprehensive claim on our insurance like @TGGRRR (Ali) said. I have seen this more than you would think on other forums recently. At least you got away with only a few cuts, and didn't result in a bigger accident.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I did a quick search and this is apparently a known issue on cars with larger sunroofs and there seems to be a class action lawsuit against BMW (it was not clear if MINI was included). It would probably be worthwhile to call MINI USA to make sure they are aware of the issue. 

I agree that your insurance should take care of it though. I'm glad you're ok. That had to be really scary. 

• Like 1

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I've got 0$ glass deductible so yay for that, I don't understand why this isn't covered via warranty the glass blew outward its not smashed inwards.  I don't believe anything hit the car and seriously how can a rock get kicked up at an angle that would result in enough force being exerted on the sunroof to cause it to explode?  Either way its at passport mini hopefully they'll replace the sunroof under warranty (I doubt it though).

Thank you all for your well wishes, I'm fine just my right arm got cut up mostly superficial. 

Edited by AdamWest

57 minutes ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

Please let us know how it goes at passport

Just got off the phone with Passport Mini and they are covering the sunroof replacement under warranty.  I am having them detail the interior (I don't want to deal with vacuuming out every tiny shard of glass) and that will cost me $125.  They also told me to just hold onto the loaner until Friday when my car will be ready.  So far off to a great start with Passport Mini.

• Like 3

Time to see what the masses think of an idea I'm tossing around in my head.  The shift knob on the automatic F56 Cooper S.... A buddy of mine says it looks like a head of a golf club and now I can't unsee it.  So I'm thinking about changing it out for something more traditional.  

Like this:
image.thumb.png.cd3f7f53fe7403793454849f51641e76.png

but with a black version of this:

image.png.de577c4dd36bdfb866fdf8005fbb3182.png

What do you guys think? 

Edited by AdamWest
  • Like 2

Nice!
When my 06 was my daily driver I installed a carbon fiber stick shift knob. It looks great but the first really cold day it was freezing. I had to go onto Amazon and get a little neoprene cozy until Spring. It was funny, but it worked.
Anyway your mod reminded me of that.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have the Craven Speed shift knob for my R56. It's a really nice piece, nicely constructed, well thought out and has been holding up really well. Plus, you can order more than one cap and customize it any way you want. Not sure what the material is, but no issues with cold or heat and it has a great feel in your hand.

~b376643.jpeg

~b430933.jpeg

• Like 2

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

1 hour ago, MELO-R56 said:

I have the Craven Speed shift knob for my R56. It's a really nice piece, nicely constructed, well thought out and has been holding up really well. Plus, you can order more than one cap and customize it any way you want. Not sure what the material is, but no issues with cold or heat and it has a great feel in your hand.

~b376643.jpeg

~b430933.jpeg

Glad to know that its a quality product!  I can tell you what the materials are "The core is machined from stainless steel, the outer sleeve from acetal. The cap on top is aluminum finished with a textured black powder coat." <- from craven speed.  Great info! 

1 hour ago, 1975_mini said:

Craven Speed has quality products, and has also supported MINIs Take the Beltway with prizes for many years.

Got nothing but great things to say about there cellphone mount.... granted I've only gotten a chance to use it twice before my sunroof exploded.... 

14 hours ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

The stock shift looks awesome

I was looking at the Dinan exhaust, I heard it at The Dragon and liked it. But I'm all about sounding tough, I have no idea of specs.

Thanks for the tip, I'm not going with their exhaust but apparently Dinan makes a good ecu tuning kit that I'll be looking into.  

• Like 1