TGGRRR (Ali)

headlight restoration

Tigger failed inspection for his headlights. It was valid, they were horrible. Passport wanted $475 and no warranty.

I went to Google and found this awesome guy. He came to the house and did them for $100 with a 2 year warranty. It would have been $85 but they were so bad he had to do 2 passes. When he was done he put a protective coat on them.

If anyone needs this service I would recommend him. Yes, I'm aware I can do it myself but I didn't want to.

20190407_170641.jpg

• Like 1

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Dealerships OMG.  On older cars it's often a good idea to rub toothpaste onto the headlights - it's slightly abrasive and can clean them up enough that the issue isn't immediately obvious during the car inspection.  But a power cleaning will do the job properly and last for at least two years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrisTKD said:

Dealerships OMG.  On older cars it's often a good idea to rub toothpaste onto the headlights - it's slightly abrasive and can clean them up enough that the issue isn't immediately obvious during the car inspection.  But a power cleaning will do the job properly and last for at least two years.

Tigger was beyond toothpaste, I did that last year.

Tggrrr010.jpg

5 hours ago, CarlB said:

The typical repair is to use compound or polish. The same stuff used on car paint. A longer lasting repair is to sand with 2000 grit paper and paint with clear coat.  

Tigger's headlights are scratched on the inside too. No idea how that happened. So eventually I'll just need to replace them

Tggrrr010.jpg