BendersMINI

2019 Washington Auto Show

Event Title: 2019 Washington Auto Show

Event Date: 04/07/2019 11:00 AM

Event Address:

RSVP on the event here: 2019 Washington Auto Show

Event Title: 2019 Washington Auto Show

Event Date: Sunday, 7 April 2019  

Event Address: Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW, Washington DC, 20001

RSVP on the event here:  

As a club for automotive enthusiasts, it seems natural that we spend a day drooling over cars in one of the few large automotive shows still in existence in North America.  There are two weekends in April that are available, but I'm tentatively picking April 7.  Would love to have feedback by March 16 if you would like to attend this day, or another. Other possibilities are 6 April, 13-14 April.

Due to the many different ways to get to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and the difficulty we'd likely face if we tried to drive as a group, this will be a non-driving event. We will meet at the auto show.  More details to follow as the date nears...

Ticket prices are posted on the web with various possible discounts, BUT... the show director has said that we can get a group discount ticket rate of $8.50/person if we have 25+ people attending.  

Cheers,   Stephen (BendersMINI)

-----------

"Designated one of the nation’s top five auto shows by the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, The Washington Auto Show®, a world class event, continues to wow audiences with its cutting-edge exhibits, latest model cars and displays of historic vehicles.

As the “Public Policy Show” on the auto show circuit, the 10-day public show is preceded by two Public Policy Preview Days of special events and announcements for officials in government, industry and the media.

The Washington Auto Show is also the largest public show in Washington, D.C. Over the course of its many years this beloved and historic D.C. tradition has attracted Washingtonians of all stripes – and political affiliations. Visitors enjoy the annual trek to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the entertainment, as much as for the experience of viewing the hundreds of cars on exhibit.

Along with the engineering prowess on display among the more than 600 new models from over 35 manufacturers, the 2019 show will feature VIP tours led by award-winning automotive writers and a special exhibit area for live painting of “art” cars. As a bonus, there will be onsite visits from celebrities and sports personalities!

Notice: Attendees are encouraged to arrive early as the Washington Auto Show has instituted a standard security policy for all show days at the center. Patrons will be subject to search and possible hand held metal detectors. All bags, briefcases, book bags or items similar in nature will be searched as patrons enter the arena. The Washington Auto Show consults with local law enforcement agencies on a continual basis. Some of the security measures in place will be apparent to patrons and some will not."

RSVP on the event here: 2019 Washington Auto Show

• Like 3

2021 F54 JCW - Midnight Black

Great!      

Yes, that would be pretty awesome to see. Seems like a good time for the GP to start making appearances...

46 minutes ago, Revwillie said:

The 7th looks good for me.  I am planning on going at least once this year.  The 2006 show was where I decided I had to get a checkmate S.  I hope mini brings a new GP.    

If the updated show website is correct, it looks like MINI will have a display, but BMW will not. That seems unusual for one without the other, but it would also seem a bit disappointing for MINI to skip a show in a major urban market where a healthy number of their cars are sold (or why else would there be so many dealerships here?)

Anyway...

I'm sure it'll be relatively packed, but if the layout is anything like last year's then we may be able to find each other inside the entryway around the ticket sales (even if you're buying your tix ahead of time).  I realize that we probably all want to wander at different paces and in different directions, but I'll offer the tentative plan that we meet in the main entryway lobby around 11, then try to find the MINIs (though they don't show up on the online floor display map... not a good sign).  From there, we can all see the show in whatever manner we wish... 

Cheers,

Stephen (910.382.4817)

1 hour ago, 1975_mini said:

Steve, 

we got there a bit late, my fault. We ran into Rey, sorry we missed you. Thanks for coordinating, always good to have multiple types of events. 

Hey Corey, no problem! The place is certainly spread out.  I did run into Rey & Co, too, as they were checking out their next SUV 😉

Certainly a less diverse set of vehicles this year. Crowd seemed a bit smaller, too.  Nevertheless, entertaining to walk around and see some of the new stuff.

No problem. Since I got there late, I just looked around for a bit near will call and then started looking for minis.  No minis, but I still enjoyed sitting in a few cars I won't be able to buy.  I love the toggle switches in the Bullit.

06 SB/S MCS Checkmate, Premium,

Convenience, LSD, HK, Chrome interior ZOOM641