wyretrip

What fluids do you maintain for yourself?

I don't think the 3rd gens are as easy to DIY as the previous ones. We don't even have a dipstick! 

Gretchen will go to the dealer for everything while she's under the maintenance warranty/regular warranty. After that, I'll probably try to DIY some things (not the oil, that's just not worth it to me), kind of like I did with Cricket. 

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Just my personal opinion: I still do oil changes at the dealer, because there is usually a special to have it done for around $60-$70. You are going to spend around $50 for all the oil, filters, etc.. So $20 is not worth the effort, and you get a free list of all the things they think you should fix/maintain.

things like brakes, belts, and coolant are worth doing yourself, to save the labors costs and are not difficult to do.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

I do the oil changes between the warranty ones. Mini says every 10,000....I say F that. I change it every 5,000. I have a shop with a lift at work and I can do it relatively easily. Add in I'm 45-60 minutes from any Mini dealer so the aggravation of taking it there outweighs doing it myself. As far as other fluids I only have 12,000 miles on the car. I haven't even added windshield washer fluid yet, although I just ordered BMW concentrate from Amazon.  Damn warning chime, I must finally be low. I haven't figure out how the change the headlight fluid yet, but am open to assistance.... 

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.