TGGRRR (Ali)

MINIs on the Dragon 2019 Paint afternoon

Last year some of us went to the paint afternoon that was offered. It was fun but the lady in charge kind of bossed us around and well, it wasnt as much fun as we were hoping. Sooooo Sierra @Sollestia and I started talking about hosting our own paint afternoon at the Dragon. We're thinking on the front porch of our new cabin at Lower Shuckstack. Probably Wed or Thurs afternoon.

I'm not sure how many people we can fit but we're hoping maybe 8 or 10? It might be really tight and you'll need to either bring your own chair or sit on the deck since I know we don't have a lot of seating. Here's what we're thinking

It's not a class, it's just a gathering where we help each other paint something. We are not instructors

We'll buy Acrylic paint, plates for mixing, paper towels and brushes and you guys pitch in once we have costs. I'm thinking this will be $10 or less pp.

You buy your own canvas, an easel, an apron or crappy shirt that you don't care about and your ideas.

If you print your image out on computer paper in advance we can use tracing paper to put the basic idea onto your canvas, I've done this before and it's not hard to do.

Who's interested?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I've been using the 40% off coupons at Michael's and buying us big 1 quart bottles of paint with a dispenser. I'm planning to buy black, white, red, yellow and blue. If you want a specific color just buy it and bring it. Technically work these comes you can make anything you want.

If everyone coming supplies their own canvas, brushes, easels and apron I can do this for $5 pp for paint. If you want me to also but brushes I'll need to work out pricing. I would highly suggest signing up for the Michael's app and let the discounts roll in, is much cheaper than Amazon with the coupons

We're going to bring a banquet table and set up on the porch of our cabin. 

Tggrrr010.jpg

Wed afternoon at the DCMM cabin, probably after lunch, like around 2:00

You'll need to purchase brushes and canvas. I suggest Michael's

first go here and get the coupons

https://www.michaels.com/home?cm_mmc=SearchBrand-_-google-_-MICH_National_Branded_Search_Branded_Exact_Trademark_General-_-Trademark+-+Coupons&&cm_mmc=SearchBrand-_-google-_-MICH_National_Branded_Search_Branded_Exact_Trademark_General-_-Trademark+-+Coupons&gclid=Cj0KCQiAwc7jBRD8ARIsAKSUBHJ6wXOPFtdyH8mVELH9AsopFHpNHMyA_j4JGzf7jmOjM_7a3gCFj0UaAoClEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

For brushes (I have some but not enough for everyone)

Pick a set of brushes that are not the cheapest (they shed hairs). This pack looks good

https://www.michaels.com/premium-wash-all-media-variety-paintbrush-set-by-craft-smart/10514929.html#q=paint+brushes&pmpt=qualifying&start=14

They have a huge selection of canvas - if you get the ones that are cheap they'll do fine but sometimes the first coat of paint is hard to get good coverage, not a big deal

Here's an apron

https://www.michaels.com/pacon-30in-x-21in-denim-blue-adult-art-apron/D083202S.html#q=apron&start=24

Here's a cheapo Easel if you want one, I got one so that I can easily stand my canvas up

https://www.michaels.com/artists-loft-compact-table-top-easel/10194059.html

I have plenty of paint. Does anyone want me to get some specialty paint like glitter or Iridescent paints (gold, silver)?

Does everyone know what they want to paint yet? If you need help, post an image of what you want to do and I can attempt to help or sketch it for you. I'm no expert. You're paying $5!!! 🙂

Any questions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tggrrr010.jpg

7 hours ago, AzFlower said:

I have paints and brushes. I will be bringing some clear wine bottles to paint instead of a flat canvas. I might need help emptying some, any volunteers? 

ME! 😜

I have my canvas & brushes, hopefully I remember to bring them 🙄

• Like 2