GreenCactus

Poolesville Day Parade

Event Title: Poolesville Day Parade

Event Date: 09/15/2018 09:15 AM

Event Address: Poolesville, MD, 20837

Poolesville Day Parade

The parade starts at 10am. We will meet at promptly at 9:15 and head to the start location. We will meet at 17719 Doctor Walling Road, Poolesville. Please be there by 9:15am. This is a friend's house with a really long driveway. We will leave from there as they are about 1/4 mile from the start point. Bathrooms will not be available. Once we are lined up, there will be time to go to one of the local businesses to use the restrooms if needed. 

This is limited to 10 cars. I will keep a running list of who is going and if we reach 10 cars, I will start a waiting list. 

RSVP on the event here: Poolesville Day Parade

Confirmed Attendees:

1. Laura

2. Dana

3. Russ

4. Ali

5. Devin

6.  Corey

Waitlist:

Edited by GreenCactus

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I updated the event with the address for the meet up point before the parade. 

Also, the weather is not looking good for Saturday. This is a "rain or shine" event, so the parade will go on even if it's raining. Should the town decide to reschedule (they won't) I'll let everyone know.

Fisher Ave/Rte 107 will be closed on Saturday. Below are directions to get to our meeting point.

If you are coming from the East (Not taking the Ferry): As you come into Poolesville, you will make a right onto Wootton Ave and then a left onto Kohlhoss. Then  you will make a left onto Cattail (be careful, it's hard to see and people drive way to fast on Cattail). Cattail will turn into Doctor Walling Road. After the stop sign, it is the second driveway on the right. I will have a balloon or something on the mailbox to make it obvious where you should go. 

If you are coming from the Ferry:  You will turn left onto W. Willard Rd (It's across from the Liberty Gas Station). You will then make a left onto Wootton Ave. You will follow Wootton Ave until you get to Fisher Ave and you will then go straight across Fisher and follow the directions above. 

If anyone wants to stick around and enjoy the Poolesville Day festivities after the parade, you will be able to park at my friend's house. It's a short walk to everything from there. 

I will be providing a variety of breakfast beverages for the participants. 

• Like 1

The forecast has improved and while it will likely be overcast, there is now only a 10% of rain tomorrow morning! 

As of today, there Ferry is still closed. The water is going down, so there is a possibility it will open tomorrow. Be sure to check their Facebook page. I will also post an update here.

I hope everyone makes it out tomorrow!!

• Like 2