MINIFIED

MINIs Take Mountain Lake (Smith Mountain Lake)

MINIs Take Mountain Lake (4th annual)

I was really posting this to see if others were planning to attend and interested in caravanning .. but then I realized if you aren’t on Facebook (like me) you might not have even heard about it, so I thought I’d post the details. It’s not too late to join in ..

You are invited to the 4th episode of fun in the world of MINI. Southwest Virginia is home of beautiful mountains and roads that flow right to our destination, Mountain Lake Lodge. Wilderness and adventure is literally outside your door. This is also home of the classic film "Dirty Dancing". We have events planned on this weekend get-a-way. BBQ's and bonfires, swaying roads and great food! There are countless activities that the resort makes available to each guest from bird watching to zip lining. We are very excited to have leaders in the MINI community by our side. Flow MINI Out Motoring and GoBadges will help support our MINIacs. Welcome and thank you for being a part of the fourth annual MTML, hosted by MINI Club of Southwest Va.

Mountain Lake Lodging

Schedule of events:

Friday:

Duncan Imports and Classic Cars

This is a must see classic car collection that is the largest of its kind in North American.

Star-light Drive In

We will head out to Starlight Drive-In to watch the big screen in style and from the comfort of our MINIs or lawn chair. This has been a MINIs Take Mountain Lake favorite over the last few years. The movie is Antman and the Wasp followed by Mamma Mia 2 if you’d like to stay. This year we have reserved a row of parking. Please let us know in advance who will attend this event so we have enough spots so we can all park together. 

Saturday:

Paint Bank "Route 311" Lunch Run (featuring Carol Lee's Donuts)

5pm: Flow MINI of Winston Salem BBQ at MINIs Take Mountain Lake

7pm: Southern "S" posure

9pm: MINIs & Marshmallows

Sunday:

11:00 AM EDT

Last Run to The Palisades (Rally & Brunch)

The Palisades Restaurant  Eggleston, VA

More Details:

MTML Facebook

Oh, back to my original topic .. if you are attending and want to caravan, I'm planning to leave Frederick MD around 9am .. send a PM to co-ordinate!

Looking forward to this being some MINI withdrawal relief after MTTS .. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:22 AM, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

I saw this and wanted to go then realized it's family beach week

Ha .. and since I saw there was a photoshoot, I thought for sure you were going to be there! Have fun at the beach! You'll be missed!

On 8/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, wyretrip said:

Crap.. this looks like a lot of fun, but I just don't have another weekend to squeeze anything in for August! I've followed the event on Facebook so I can promote it to our club next year.

I know what you mean, not enough weekends for all the options!

I know the dealership is hosting a breakfast and a dinner, I've got fingers crossed there's enough of a turn out that they are inclined to do the same in the future! Regardless, it's a place I've never been, and I'm going through Mini Takes the States withdrawal so I'm ready!

• Like 1