Deadrock

WTB Used Hood - 2012 Countryman S ALL4

42 minutes ago, Deadrock said:

I just bought my first Mini.  It suffers from significant hail damage and I need to replace the hood.  Color is Surf blue.  Thanks for looking.  Hope someone can help or provide a good junkyard lead. R-60 I believe.

I haven't seen and r60s in the yards yet, but I will definitely keep an eye out.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Sorry it took a while for me to reply.  Your post went to my junk mail.  Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.  I checked with my local junkyard, Brandywine, on a replacement rear door, Ended up getting one off eBay that was a color match.  Now I have to install it.  Looks pretty straight forward. Wish me luck.  Thanks again.

David

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scottt said:

Anyone know of an available bonnet/hood for a 2010 non-Type S R57?  Horizon Blue if possible.

Thx!!

There is one at the pick a park up here in Maryland. Hood is $45. I can go pull if you would like. Will post if later

Edited by 1975_mini

1975Mini001.jpg

4 hours ago, scottt said:

Horizon Blue??????  I could come up to MD this weekend

No, I am pretty sure it is lightning blue, but you can remove the bezels, scotch bright and get it resprayed pretty cheap. 

Unfortunately a lot of horizon blues out there. 

722613AD-0AEC-4A8C-B9FF-375D18F4705F.png

1975Mini001.jpg

16 minutes ago, scottt said:

Hmmm, do they give a credit for the old hood? ?

Know of a place that will repaint?  Current hood is dent free, just a bunch of scratches.

The best price on a respray for just the hood would be a local body shop. If you just have scratches in the hood, how deep are they (to bare metal). Get yours resprayed is the best bet for cost if they are to the metal. If not through the base coat a paint shop may be able the get them out with some compound buffing. 

1975Mini001.jpg