wyretrip

The Western Loop - Family and Pet Run!

Event Title: The Western Loop - Family and Pet Run!

Event Date: 08/18/2018 08:45 AM

Event Address: 1200 Wolf Rock Drive, Purcellville, Virginia, 20132, United States

UPDATE: I screwed up with the pet policy at Dinosaur Land. They aren't allowed in the park or gift shop so a few of us have volunteered to puppy sit dogs in the parking lot to give everyone a chance to tour the park and gift shop. Sorry!

Added Route Map and Route Sheet.

With a focus on some family and pet friendly destinations!

Highlights:

Stop 1: Dinosaur Landhttp://dinosaurland.com/ - Open for 50 years, this roadside attraction features over 50 dinosaurs, inviting visitors to step into the world of the prehistoric past, turning back the pages of time to the Mesozoic era, when dinosaurs were the only creatures that roamed the earth.

PET POLICY FOR DINOSAUR LAND: Dogs aren't allowed in this park. Sorry about that, my mistake! A few of us have volunteered to puppy sit in the parking lot to give everyone a chance to tour the park and gift shop.

Stop 2: Marker Miller Orchardhttp://www.markermillerorchards.com/

Relax while sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs and enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery.  Or go on an adventure, by purchasing containers and going out to pick your very own fruits and vegetables (check for availability throughout the season).  We have many picnic tables, so feel free to pack a lunch or purchase food from our food building when it is open (every weekend August-October).  Inside the market there are a variety of products to choose from and don’t forget to check out our bakery and the apple cider donuts.  Wrap up your visit with a stop by our “Sweets Shop” where you can select from fresh made fudge, hand dipped ice cream, or cider slushees.

PET POLICY FOR MARKER MILLER ORCHARD: Dogs are not allowed inside the market, but are welcome on the rest of the property.  Please make sure they are on a leash at all times and provide cleanup when needed.

Schedule:

8:45 - Meet at Dunkin Donuts in Purcellville, VA

9:00 - Drivers Meeting and Wheels Up

9:40 - STOP - Dinosaur Land - Photos, Tour, Gift Shop

10:40 - DEPART - Motoring to Marker Miller Orchard

11:00 - STOP - Marker Miller Orchard - Food, Farm Market, Pick your own fruit and vegetables

12:30 - DEPART - Motoring past Summit Point and Harper's Ferry

2:00 - Arrive back in Purcellville, VA

Route Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N8j4v5KgC0BoSv3tMOEo5NKQK6Gl_YmP&usp=sharing

Route Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XaPFLEno5zgWs8rykfbOFIOdT-i8Pf-7cM50Rz4QRms/edit?usp=sharing

RSVP on the event here: The Western Loop - Family and Pet Run!

signature-final.png

Susan, Noelle and I are interested and will try to make it... we have RSVPed “Maybe” for now but we should have a better idea in early August after my parents visit (from Australia) is over. We would like to bring Lily (our sweet pup), but due to her size, and still needing a baby seat (Noelle will be exactly 9 months old on the day of the event!), it will be exceedingly difficult to bring her, especially in my R53.

It’s awesome that you’ve planned a family-centric event, Devin - especially for pets, too! ?

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I just read on their website that no pets (besides service animals) are allowed at Dinosaur Land, so that counts pets out unless they skip that venue.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

8 minutes ago, Edge said:

I just read on their website that no pets (besides service animals) are allowed at Dinosaur Land, so that counts pets out unless they skip that venue.

Maybe Devin got us special permission? If not Craig and I will puppy sit all the dogs for one hour. 

Update added to event..

UPDATE: I screwed up with the pet policy at Dinosaur Land. They aren't allowed in the park or gift shop so a few of us have volunteered to puppy sit dogs in the parking lot to give everyone a chance to tour the park and gift shop. Sorry!

• Like 2

signature-final.png

Very generous of you guys, but if we make it (not definite yet but we’re trying! The early start in Purcelville is a little tough for us), we’ll leave the pup at home. To be honest, I’m not sure how well she would fare on windy roads anyway.

We’ll be there! It will be only me for the run itself, but Susan and Noelle will be meeting us directly at Dinosaur Land. We talked about all going in the MINI but with the walking around that we are doing, we really need the stroller, and it won’t fit in the car with the baby seat also installed.

• Like 1

Asha is asking me to put on her harness to take her out motoring again this morning. Since we went out for several hours that past two weeks for the Western Loop, she is a total MINIac! I had to promise to take her to the Dragon next year to get her to relax. ?

IMG_20180719_201131.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

signature-final.png