1975_mini

It’s got how many miles??

11 hours ago, wyretrip said:

That is pretty amazing.. what is the story with the GP's anyway? Are they the ultimate MINI?

At the end of each generation they create a GP. This one is the GP1 made in 2006 which was the last year of the first gen hardtop hatch. They were limited edition and numbered and a big deal. Then in 2013 the GP2 came out, it's a real beast. Then they release the GP2 reserved color Thunder Gray for regular cars in the 3rd gen and there was DRAMA. Well deserved drama as they expected the color to stay reserved.

The GPs are special. The fact that there's a GP1 with 14 miles is a crime and amazing. 

• Like 1

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

12 hours ago, wyretrip said:

That is pretty amazing.. what is the story with the GP's anyway? Are they the ultimate MINI?

I would say it is MINI's ultimate factory performance MINI. Since the are a limited run the engineers do not have to consider parts that can me sourced on a scale capable to supporting mass production. Also the engineers are focus solely on performance, not weigh them again comfort, wear, etc... that a car produced for a large market have to consider. This results in things like the rear seat delete, tying the rear struts together with a bar through what would be storage pace. 

So from a solely performance stand point it is the ultimate factory MINI, but not as a daily driver. Thats just my opinion, so it along with a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

1 hour ago, 1975_mini said:

I would say it is MINI's ultimate factory performance MINI. Since the are a limited run the engineers do not have to consider parts that can me sourced on a scale capable to supporting mass production. Also the engineers are focus solely on performance, not weigh them again comfort, wear, etc... that a car produced for a large market have to consider. This results in things like the rear seat delete, tying the rear struts together with a bar through what would be storage pace. 

So from a solely performance stand point it is the ultimate factory MINI, but not as a daily driver. Thats just my opinion, so it along with a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Here you are....I'll forego the $1.

all-i-need-is-a-proper-cup-of-coffee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2017 F54 ALL4 Clubman S "Beer Wagon" 

Digital Blue Sport Package w/ LEDs & cornering lights, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stealth Mode, 6-Spd. Manual Trans, Vegan Leather, Cravenspeed Short Shifter w/ Yoda Shift Cap, NM Engineering 25mm GT rear Swaybar & End Links, Chassis Bones Braces, Mirrors that fold w/ the push of a button, Spare Tire.