Goose

Carbon Cleaning Group Buy - Interested??

On 5/27/2018 at 8:31 PM, 1975_mini said:

It is cleaning of the head, focusing on the backside of the valves. Forced induction engines (turbo or Super charger) create blow by, this is when oil vapor in the engine is still moving to fast to settle out of the gases that a routed back to the intake to be combusted (to improve emissions). The oil vapor condenses on the backside of the valves resulting in carbon buildup. This build up begins affecting the seating of the valves, creating rough running and once bad enough does not let the valves seat causing the engine not to start. 

Many people add a catch can to allow oil vapor more of a chance to settle. This is a good idea to do after the blasting treatment. Just my opinion 

it is a more of an issue for N14 but if you are running a reduced pulley on your supercharger you are creating more boost and therefore likely creating more blow by. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

signature-final.png

Legit question here. Will they provide or have any kind of visual for the before and after. I've seen where people post a before and after photo. I know it's kind of a tough area to view/work in, so not sure if this is plausible. I'd just like to see what kind of build up there is and what the cleaning removes. This will not in any way change my mind about the service, I'd just like to see the end result to know it took care of the build up.

Thanks!

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

25 minutes ago, MELO-R56 said:

Legit question here. Will they provide or have any kind of visual for the before and after. I've seen where people post a before and after photo. I know it's kind of a tough area to view/work in, so not sure if this is plausible. I'd just like to see what kind of build up there is and what the cleaning removes. This will not in any way change my mind about the service, I'd just like to see the end result to know it took care of the build up.

Thanks!

They likely have a bore scope with the ability to capture still images. If you mention it to them, and say you are just interested in how your looks (not questioning their work) I am sure they may be able to capture some for you.

Those bore scopes a fancy and expensive, so I don't have any of those fancy tools.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

13 hours ago, lfoxx3 said:

Should we call that shop to pre-pay or hold tight for further instructions? I'd hate to miss out on this price.   

@Shadow is coordinating the details with GTPeace, and then will provide guidance on how to proceed.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

On 5/25/2018 at 11:22 PM, Edge said:

If R53s are indeed a valid target, I'm in too. My 05 R53 is 13 years and 145,000 miles young, and could really use it, especially the way I drive him! :)

We drive them like they are meant to be driven...and like we know how!...?

Hi All,

Galen and I are still ironing out the details.  That said, I need each one of you who have expressed interest to private message me your name, phone number and email, and year/make/model of car (I'm assuming 90-100% will be MINIs).  This way I can give this information to GTPeace and they will begin to schedule.

We may attempt to have a day where we all get together for one day to have a cookout/carbon cleaning party if you will.  Those of you who can do it on that day, will, and the rest will schedule.  That said, I'm still ironing out details and I will give you more info after the weekend. 

Thanks,
Shadow

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 2

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

OK.  Sorry for not getting back to everyone this past week.  Things have been a little crazy.  If you have not sent me your information above, please do so.  I need to get that to Galen for scheduling.

Secondly, GTPeace is willing to pick a Saturday coming up to make an event out of this. They will provide food, etc.  They will be able to schedule 8 cars that day and the remainder of us will be scheduled at times convenient to us (i.e. during the week).  Which date works better?  June 30th?  Or July 14th?  Please respond below.  We will pick a day.  I will submit that to Galen, we will get 8 cars signed up, and create the event.

Edited by Shadow

The 14th work better for me. Or another date after if others want to go first, I don't mind being scheduled separate.

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

20 hours ago, Brandy_Brown said:

Corey is not available the 14th, eventually he will remember he will be on a family vacation 

Oh, snap!

• Confused 1

OK.  Here's the lineup for July 14th. 

The Mixer (Car 1)
The Mixer (Car 2)
Shadow
lfoxx3
SneakyBaron
Sollestia
Melo-R56
NYRican40

The remainder of the carbon cleanings will be scheduled privately with GTPeace. Therefore, I need names, phone number, emails and make/model of car sent to me via PM from the following individuals:

@mdsbrain

@let_them_eat_cake

@Olominix

@VioletDC

@Donross

@john171

@batman73

Thanks,
Alex

Sent my info. 

7/14 is good for me. Would they be able to do a bunch of cars on that day? Then we come at a scheduled time for hang out old pulley party style?

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

OK.  Here's the lineup for July 14th. 

The Mixer (Car 1)
The Mixer (Car 2)
Shadow
lfoxx3
SneakyBaron
Sollestia
Melo-R56
NYRican40

The remainder of the carbon cleanings will be scheduled privately with GTPeace. Therefore, I need names, phone number, emails and make/model of car sent to me via PM from the following individuals:

@mdsbrain

@let_them_eat_cake

@Olominix

@VioletDC

@Donross

@john171

@batman73

Thanks,
Alex

My name was not on the above list for some reason, but I would like to be in this group buy too. I will PM you later this evening, Alex.

I would have picked June 30 (my parents are visiting from Australia in July), but it sounds like I have to schedule privately anyway.

Edited by Edge

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

18 hours ago, Edge said:

My name was not on the above list for some reason, but I would like to be in this group buy too. I will PM you later this evening, Alex.

I would have picked June 30 (my parents are visiting from Australia in July), but it sounds like I have to schedule privately anyway.

I have your information which is why your name was not on the list of people who still needed to send info to me....unless you have a different phone # and email you'd like to use.

Mo-

Just now, Shadow said:

I have your information which is why your name was not on the list of people who still needed to send info to me....unless you have a different phone # and email you'd like to use.

Nope - never mind then! I just didn’t want to be forgotten. :)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Hello All,

Please see formal event thread...

On 6/13/2018 at 9:13 PM, GreenCactus said:

July 14. We have autocross on 6/30.

I put you on for July 14th. Once I get a time during the day, I'll let you know.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, mdsbrain said:

Sent my info. 

7/14 is good for me. Would they be able to do a bunch of cars on that day? Then we come at a scheduled time for hang out old pulley party style?

I put you on for 7/14.  They will do 8-10 cars that day.  And yes, they will provide food and a place to mingle.  Shop is not very big...but I'm sure they will accommodate.

• Like 1