Goose

Carbon Cleaning Group Buy - Interested??

Hello All,

I just got off the phone with Galen at GTPeace and they would like to set up a group buy for engine carbon cleaning for those that are interested.  They are targeting late summer.  The normal price for carbon cleaning is $399...but with the group buy, they will knock off $100 per customer.  So you would get a full carbon cleaning for $299.  N14s and N18s welcome of course (I'm assuming the TwinPower Turbos don't need them just yet).  They need at least 15 MINIs in order host the event. "Maybes" won't help in this case.  Please let me know below if you are interested and I can work with Galen to get it set up. 

Once we have the number needed for the group buy, I will let Galen know.  They will then set up your appointment at a time convenient for you in late summer.  These cleanings will likely be done over a span of a couple of weeks to a month (i.e. a couple of MINIs a week, etc.).  Just depends on when you are available to bring your MINI/Mini in. The only thing they ask is that you prepay so that they know you are interested.

Full disclosure:  I'm not affiliated with GTPeace in any way.  I'm just a loyal customer who wants a carbon cleaning. 

Edit:  I should note that they will do just about any vehicle...not just MINIs. 

Interested:

Shadow
Mark Drew
NYRican40
SneakyBaron
MELO-R56
GreenCactus' Significant Other
Sollestia
1975_Mini
mdsbrain
let_them_eat_cake
olominix
VioletDC
lfoxx3
TheMixer - Car 1
TheMixer - Car 2
DonRoss
John171
EdgeDC
Batman71

Have reached minimum!! That said, more are welcome to join in.  Remember, I'll reiterate, we need 15 people that will absolutely do this.  I do not want to waste Galen's time.

Edit: 6/11/2018
Hi All,

I need each one of you who have expressed interest to private message me your name, phone number and email, and year/make/model of car (I'm assuming 90-100% will be MINIs).  This way I can give this information to GTPeace and they will begin to schedule.  If you already have, thank you.

Secondly, GTPeace is willing to pick a Saturday coming up to make an event out of this. They will provide food, etc.  They will be able to schedule 8 cars that day and the remainder of us will be scheduled at times convenient to us (i.e. during the week).  Which date works better?  June 30th?  Or July 14th?  Please respond below.  We will pick a day.  I will submit that to Galen and we will get 8 cars signed up and create the event.

Thanks,
Shadow

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

20 hours ago, Shadow said:

Also, Devin, if you are the events guy on the board these days, let me know if you need more info.

How long does this take per person? Since we are referring to this as an "event" are we thinking they are going to do 15 cars in a day or will they work to schedule individuals over a period of time?

signature-final.png

On 4/28/2018 at 9:05 AM, wyretrip said:

How long does this take per person? Since we are referring to this as an "event" are we thinking they are going to do 15 cars in a day or will they work to schedule individuals over a period of time?

I will get you more information on this...

INTERESTED! Not sure I'm due for it just yet tho. I believe my car had it at about 32,000, and I'm at 52,000 now.

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires

11 hours ago, wyretrip said:

Is this something I should consider with 23k miles on a Gen 3?

I doubt it...but I can ask Galen when I call to get more information

Edited by Shadow

I would be interested, not a bad idea to have done. Just passed 40k and my driving style may promote blow-by. I plan on installing a catch can afterwards to help prevent future buildup

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

On 4/30/2018 at 9:27 AM, Shadow said:

I will get you more information on this...

@wyretrip,

See edited OP for additional "event" information.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

I’m interested 

MY12 R56 with 102k on the clock and never had it done. 

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

@wyretrip,

See edited OP for additional "event" information.

Ali got you covered and posted the event on Facebook. I'll give it a few days and if we still don't have the minimum, we can send out an email blast to try to reach a few others. We just sent one out last night otherwise we could do it now.

signature-final.png

24 minutes ago, wyretrip said:

Ali got you covered and posted the event on Facebook. I'll give it a few days and if we still don't have the minimum, we can send out an email blast to try to reach a few others. We just sent one out last night otherwise we could do it now.

We also may want to reach out to C3M and include them. I will be at their quarterly M&G tomorrow if you would like me to bring it up to John just let me know.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

1 minute ago, 1975_mini said:

We also may want to reach out to C3M and include them. I will be at their quarterly M&G tomorrow if you would like me to bring it up to John just let me know.

Good idea! Definitely mention it to John and I will post it on the meetup. 

• Like 2

signature-final.png