TGGRRR (Ali)

Tigger's at Passport

Since I rarely drive Tigger I am not too worried about hurrying for repairs but brought him in to Passport for an oil change and inspection. He failed inspection! :argh:

They sent me this

Good Morning Ali.
Tigger fails for the right front lower ball joint having too much play $365. An alignment is necessary when doing this repair $169.95

Other items noticed that don't fail and can wait are as follows;
oil pan gasket is leaking $850 + tax
engine cooling fan stage 1 is inop $775 + tax

I authorized the front lower ball joint and alignment since he needs that for his inspection but told them to hold off on the other repairs.

Contacted PTuning and they quoted me almost half off on the oil pan and will let me know on the cooling fan.

So he'll be going from Passport to P-Tuning. He seems to get one expensive break a year, it's all part of having an older MINI. Yay for Ptuning!!! 

• Like 1

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

26 minutes ago, JAB 67 said:

How many miles on Tigger?  In any event, those prices are obscene.  The low speed fan resistor can be bought for $50 and replaced in less than 2 hours max of labor.

118,000 miles. That's what Justin at Ptuning told me. So he'll just go there when I get him back

Tggrrr010.jpg

11 hours ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

Tigger is home, they did discount the work to get him to pass inspection so that was a lot better than originally quoted but I'm going to PTuning for the rest of the work

Did you tell Passport not to do the oil change then, since the oil has to be change to replace the oil pan gasket?

also remember that their are lots of gen1 in the junction yards, great place to get replacement parts for pennies on the dollar

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

3 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

Did you tell Passport not to do the oil change then, since the oil has to be change to replace the oil pan gasket?

also remember that their are lots of gen1 in the junction yards, great place to get replacement parts for pennies on the dollar

Nooooo they didn't mention that and I didn't know 

Tggrrr010.jpg